Search results

1. T

Cane creek double barrel air for my Trance X, Do they come in a 120mm version?

hey everyone I'm just wondering if you can get a cane creek double barrel air in a 120mm version to fit my Trance X 29er 2013 0. what size is a 120mm travel shock in inches? 7.5in? thanks for any help :)
  2. T

WTB: Large downhill bike, 2011 or newer :D

I'm looking to buy a downhill bike, here are some points on what I'm looking for- -It has to be a LARGE! -the frame has to be 2012 or newer I might consider a 2011 frame if it looks cool -good condition, I'm not fussy, just not heaps of scratches, ONLY NO DENTS -I'm willing to pay up to...
  3. T

Mark on trance frame, is it a Crack?! :O

I bought my Trance X 29er about 4 months ago and one day after a race I found this mark on the down tube, if tried to wash it off but it's something in the frame which I can't wash off, I was just woundering if it was a stress mark, or a crack because if it is a crack I am going to message giant...
  4. T

Wobbly cleats problem

I bought some new ritchey pedals for XC mtb online and I got them today. I noticed when I clipped in, my foot could rotate left and right about 5mm whilst I was clipped in and wasnt trying to get out. When I tightened the spring in the pedal it didn't seem to fix the problem but it made it...
  5. T

Reba vs SID

They seem to weigh the same so what's the differance?
  6. T

Rock shox monarch xx lockout on my Trance X 29er 0, yes or no?

Hi rotor burn community I have a giant trance x 29er 0 and I'm using it for XC racing, I'm regretting not getting an anthem now because I am trying to make my trance more performance XC instead of trail oriented. I have already swaped a lot of things out to make it lighter. At the moment I...
  7. T

Aliexpress scam or not has anyone bought from this website before?

Hey everyone A friend told me about this website called Aliexpress and there are these sick bikes for really cheap, I read some reviews about it and it said it wasn't a scam but it could be unreliable, I want to know if anyone has bought from here before and if they actually got there bike...
  8. T

bb chain guide mounting device for 2013 trance X O 29er

I have had my trance for a while now and have noticed the chain slaps around a bit and makes noise, im stuck between taking links out of the chain or installing a chain guide, i think that a chain guide would be the best because it would also prevent the chain coming off because i do very rough...
  9. T

Shock set up help!!

Okey, so I have a Giant Trance X 29er 0 and I am trying to set up the shocks to the right pressure before the mont 24 hour, the forks are Fox 32 Float 29 FIT CTD w/ 15QR thru-axle, OverDrive 2, 120mm Travel an the shock is a Fox Float CTD Boostvalve. I'm about 68kg when I am on the bike. I have...
  10. T

DH clippless pedals

What are the best new clippless Downhill pedals mostly for racing
  11. T

The best 6-7 inch mini downhill, all mountain bike of 2012/2013

Any thoughts on what you think is the best, post what you think or pictures of a bike you may have :)
  12. T

Where can i buy a Norco truax in Australia

Does anyone know where I could get a norco truax in Australia? Just need to know
  13. T

Could you use a 165mm travel bike to race downhill

Just woundering if you really need a full 200mm travel bike to ride any downhill track and if you could use a 165-170mm travel bike with bolt up front and rear ends and if you tweak the geometry with a angle headset and longer rear dropouts, could you race downhill as fast as anyone else?
  14. T

Hancoch store bike shop online, fraud or not?

I found this website called Hanoch store bike shop (ill post a link at the bottom of this post) online and it had some really cheap thigs I wanted to buy but I didn't know if it was a good website or not. Some of the things were soooo cheap that I don't know if it this website was reliable or...
  15. T

Any downhill bike, 2010 model or newer, am willing to pay $1700 or less :)

BIKE- I'm looking for any downhill bike a 2010 model or newer, preferably large BRAND- any brand as long as its not some no-name brand so it's not hard to get fixed if broken PRICE RANGE- $1600 or less not including shipping i am willing to pay for shipping from any where in Australia :)...
  16. T

Giant 2014 Range!!!

I was looking into buying a long travel 29er for downhill trail and enduro races and I was going to buy a giant Trance X 0 29er. I thought that giant might be releasing there new 2014 range of bikes soon and didn't know if I should wait for them to come out and get a 2014 bike with new Shimano...
  17. T

Coil vs air shox for downhill racing

I heard air is better for freeride but coil is better for racing why is this or is it not true?
  18. T

Coil shox vs rock shox vivid air vs cane creek double barrel air for downhill racing

Which would be the best for downhill racing and freeride, or can you recomend any that would be better?
  19. T

Could you use a Giant reign 1 2013 as a downhill bike for racing?

I am 17 and I am looking to get a new bike. I want to do downhill races mostly at mt stromlo, thredbo and mt buller but I also want a bike that I can use in trail races such as the Scott 24 hour but I will be doing more downhill than trail riding. Because I don't have enough money to get a...