Search results

1. D

Training bike for T-Rex Junior. Thoughts?

I've also started a bit of road riding recently on my mtb. I haven't looked much into bikes, but i think this may be good value for money. (This was one of the cheapest with 105 groupset)...
  2. D

Helmet Question

I would definitely get a full faced. Being new (if you're like me.. you will hit a tree or something lol ). Helmet sizing i found it best to go into stores to try it out. I have a fox rampage as well and i find it really comfortable and a nice snug fit for my head. Just make sure you get the...
  3. D

Suggest a decent ADSL2+ Router?

+1 for the billion, I've had a few modems in my time(netgear, netcomm and dlink) and the billion seems to be the best. Hasn't let me down yet!
  4. D

The GoPro HD All You Need To Know Thread

@Grrilla thanks for all those tips. i got a chest mount for downhill riding.. i am a beginner but i find its too unstable over rough areas, the video is really hard to watch. I find mounting on the side or above helmet a better option for video recording. Maybe as i get better my body wont...
  5. D

I just had an awesome ride

just got back from ride around the lake. just a small ride, but the first event i've been to with cyclists. nothing exciting.. but was pretty fun
  6. D

Seeking advice on: Best place to look for a BIG screen TV. Sales to wait for etc

3d capabilities don't affect how smooth the picture is, but i think its the actual refresh rate the TV is. 100hz vs 200hz (i think?) Usually the 3D tv' have the faster refresh rate so they look better. as everyone mentioned before a panasonic plasma would be my pick or the 64inch samsung...
  7. D

Filter the for sale section by state

+1 for this. Filters would be a good idea and maybe having the title of the thread in a similar format to this [state] frame, size, price
  8. D

buying an entry level dh bike

Im in a similar situation. Looking for an entry level DH bike. looking around $800 give or take mayeb a few hundred depending on condition of the bike. Small sized. preferably not too old near wollongong area. If only i was looking 3 months ago trigger02's mongoose would've been a good option...
  9. D

Cheap full face helmet

thanks for all the advice guys. i ended up getting a fox rampage from the LBS. paid quite a bit more ($179), but im pretty happy with it and got to try it on and got the size that fits me the best.
  10. D

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

damn.. missed this... i was working the late shift anyway =( but most weekdays after 6:30 i can be there for a quick ride =D
  11. D

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

Any one frequent that track a lot and want to show me around? :) didn't know this place existed until now.
  12. D

Cheap full face helmet

Thank you that's a very good answer!! I've been looking at the fox rampage now or the 661 evo.. they both seem to be good helmet.. now i just need to check if they fit me well!! thanks for the advice everyone!
  13. D

Cheap full face helmet

thanks for the tips. yeah. i was looking at spending about 100-150 more if needed (when i say cheap .. i mean in comparison to $400 - $500/ helmet. haha I guess i assumed because most of the members here are experienced riders/racers they'd have pretty expensive helmet.. didn't want suggests way...
  14. D

Cheap full face helmet

Yes I'll definitely be getting one that complies to standards. But still reasonably priced. I know there's helmets out there that are into the hundreds but didn't want to spend that much. I saw in another thread some people recommendinh full face helmets under 100 an I'd assume complies to aus...
  15. D

Cheap full face helmet

Hey. I'm just starting up with riding and wanted to try some light downhill in my area... I know it's probably overkill because I'll be pretty slow and I'm just starting on a hardtail... But I like to put my safety first. Any suggestions around the $100 mark? I've searched the forum and the 661...
  16. D

As a dad this made me smile

what a champ!! loved the commentary from the kid. and Dad "can you see well?" Child "No i dont need to pee" haha
  17. D

Another New member!!

Hey! I'm new to this forum, just recently bought a mountain bike for general fitness and to try mountain biking and light downhill for some fun. Everytime i did some research it brought me here! so thought this would be the best place for me to gain more knowledge in this area! I'm from...