Search results

1. placebo

Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

I zip tied an enduro engineering ebike stand onto a ballards scissor lift moto stand. Works well. Was still cheaper than a park tool floor stand.
  2. placebo

The discount code thread

From my short time owning kahas, in comparison with the two sets of direttessima and set of cascade code calipers I have on other bikes, he's not overcharging. The lever blade could be a bit wider, the shape is good, and I have no discomfort at all. The shipped bleed could've been better. I used...
  3. placebo

Who's commuting?

Don't commute, but last time I owned a car I'd put 2700km on it when it came time to renew rego. Have an ebike with a rack now.
  4. placebo

I like fiddling and changing, so I hate internal routing with a passion. The shock is a recent change like the fork, feels great despite doing little apart from winding some spring preload and suggested initial settings, and I've found a use for old Ti springs I've kept from having DH bikes back...
  5. placebo

Had a 40 on mine for a little while now, and it owns on a long travel ebike. I'd put a 40 on another shorter (165mm) travel frame and loved the front end feel. The trouble with the early LED version of the Voima is the head tube is so tall at 140mm, it's a real hassle to get a double crown fork...
  6. placebo

Full Fat or HiLo: an eeb conundrum

lol definitely not the only one.
  7. placebo

Brilliant Guardian piece..

I've never checked, but I've always thought that's why the MTB mag and site had the name.
  8. placebo

Replacing old Fox 40 lowers

Found out newer 2021 lowers are compatible with older 40s. Also read that in combination with a MORC crown from Mojo, offsets can come down to 42mm using the newer lower on a 29er 40. Outsider crown with the -10mm insert would possibly get you 40mm offset with the new lowers. Old 49 used to spec...
  9. placebo

Replacing old Fox 40 lowers

Going to bump this a bit. Do the new 40 lowers fit the older 2019 40s? I've got a new frame with the much bigger lower head tube and my old arch doesn't clear it, but the new lowers have an offset arch that seems to work with these type of head tubes. I've got some reduced offset crowns, and old...
  10. placebo

Newly Released Bikes General

Yeah, it's mine, had it a week. Not my only eeb. Been full eeb since the second covid shutdown, just ride eebs six days a week on trails I like if I can. Haven't touched a road bike since. Suspension feels good so far, still a bit of riding and fiddling to do. Just changed the fork from 38 to...
  11. placebo

Newly Released Bikes General

You're not Robinson Crusoe there with that point of view.
  12. placebo

BKXC (and Ibis) get and Ebike

It's pretty similar to the old dw-link Turner DHR. I'd pull the spacers out of the shock to give 65mm stroke and 170mm travel, and run a Fox 40 at 180mm using the Mojo negative chamber trick and use the Ibis for self shuttle DH riding. The designer pointed out this as something they've done in...
  13. placebo

Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

Definitely going back to Marzocchi now!
  14. placebo

Fox Suspension sues Slik Graphics

Fuck Fox. Slick provide a service to Fox customers that Fox aren't willing to provide themselves. I've bought Slik kits for almost every Fox fork I've had in the last ten years. It's a little thing that provides that last little bit of OCD satisfaction, and in no way damages Fox commercially...
  15. placebo

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

JobKeeper isn't means tested. JobSeeker is and the tests have been relaxed/extended AFAIK. JobKeeper is also taxed, but isn't included in super calculations.
  16. placebo

Employers don't qualify to recieve JobKeeper until they've proved to the ATO a greater than 30% revenue loss for the month of April. They have to pay the JobKeeper allowance to staff of at least $1500 per fornight, $3000 total per stood down staff member through April to qualify to be...
  17. placebo

Problem gamblers aren't social, and the reward schemes/psychology used in pokies are now implemented in most popular pay to play mobile games not just those that replicate pokies.
  18. placebo

People are still gambling a lot. The highest grossing apps on apple app store are poky apps. You can play the same games as the real machines on your ipad. You can put money in, but it's not classed as gambling because you can't get winnings out lol. Also the TAB has been primarily focused on...
  19. placebo

I'd never planned for the option, so I don't have growlers to sell for people to fill. Staff and people I know that have growlers I'm just filling without charging, because the beer won't last too long anyway. Anything untapped I'll get credited for, but there's a few limited run beers I'll hang...
  20. placebo

Doomsday alright. Having a hospitality business and heading into the fourth week of shutdown with no end in sight is unsettling. On the bright side I've been riding more and doing my best to drink my way through already tapped kegs.