Search results

1. MudRhino

Pedals keep spinning - not in a good way either

Had a recent stack - came around a corner, found my friend on the ground, cranked the brakes, flipped - bammo. Rear derailer went into the spokes, wheel buckled (not a huge amount but still a buckle), snapped a spoke, road rash on a few parts including my brake/gear levers, bent the bars and...
  2. MudRhino

GSC 10 - Garmin Cadence/Speed sensor

Looking for a GSC 10 speed/cadence sensor, or the newer model to suit a garmin edge. Anyone got one laying around they wouldn't mind parting with? Thanks - Evan
  3. MudRhino

PURCHASED - PLEASE ERASE Garmin 800, 810 or other gps system with mapping

Looking for a Garmin 800, 810, but willing to consider other gps units with maps such as the megellan for the right price. If you have anything, please send me a pm. Thank you! Evan
  4. MudRhino

34.9 seat post

Looking for a 34.9 seat post, 400mm long in black. Anyone got anything lying around? I don't want to spend a small fortune as it is only a spare until such time as the current (slightly bent) one when breaks. Carbon would be nice - though chances are if my fat ass can bend a metal post...
  5. MudRhino

Thomson Stem 50 - 70mm

Hi guys, looking for 1 or more Thomson stems - 50mm, 60mm or 70mm. Have to be black in colour. Please contact me if you have anything. Location does not matter as I will pay for postage. Thank you.
  6. MudRhino

Road bike, preferably in Victoria

Looking to buy a decent quality road bike (no I am not converting, just want to be able to join my wife on those long distance rides like around the bay - tried it on a mountain bike last year and almost had a heart attack). So basically: WHAT I DO WANT I would prefer carbon if possible, good...
  7. MudRhino

Thomson Stem X4

Looking to purchase a Thomsons X4 stem. Would prefer 70mm length, straight or with a bend is fine. Anyone got one handy? Cheers - Evan
  8. MudRhino

Navigation events for MTBers?

Just curious, is there any navigation events for mountain bikers? In the offroad (4wd / MX) scene, we run events where you are given a set of co-ordinates and you need to make your way across a location (e.g. national park etc.) finding the points. You can either use maps to plot the...
  9. MudRhino

Which are a better rim of the two?

Just picked up a new set of 29" rims and hubs really cheap. Figured I could use them as spares. The new rims are from a 2014 Rocky Mountain Vertex 950 MSL (basically Wheeltech Inferno 23 By Sunringlé with 1.4 hubs). I am debating putting them on my 2013 Rocky Mountain Instinct (currently runs...
  10. MudRhino

Multiple wants - stem, sram shifter, thomson, selle italia, niterider mount, forks...

Item: Road stem, preferably carbon but will also take Thomson X2s - 70 to 90mm Location: Melbourne, but willing to pay postage for right gear. Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to $50 Extra Info: Needs to be black. Item: SRAM XO trigger shifter, for the front chain ring (e.g left hand...
  11. MudRhino

Monte Bianco - Rosseli??

Hi Guys, just looking at a new bike to replace my 14.5 kg Scott commuter that - which is a great bike for bashing around, but just kills me cycling long distances. So in my searching I came across a 29er I think looks good, full carbon with the title Monte Bianco - Rosseli. I have tried to...
  12. MudRhino

What happened to good advice and service?

Is it my imagination or quiet a few bicycle stores taking advantage of people? Back in my day (this is how this fits in the VET section), I use to go to the bicycle store and get good advice for free, but it seems now day’s advice is directly connected to making money. Just recently a...
  13. MudRhino

Extending the steerer on forks

Hi guys, new here so apology if I have posted this in the wrong area or if the question has been answered before - but has anyone ever tried to extended their forks steerer by welding on an attachment? I am currently building up a new bike (Specialized Enduro 2010) and purchased some forks...