Search results

1. I

moving to wollongon...

Hi gals and guys, im going to be moving to Wollongong (bulli) mid June. I've been living and working in WA though sadly I never got around to getting a bike sorted. im wondering are there any clubs in Wollongong (road or mtb) and what are the trails like, are they active, are there any proper...
  2. I

Jobs in the best DH/bike parks in Australia???

Hey everyone, I'm hoping I don't start a huge debate but I'm wondering what's the BEST bike park/DH park in Australia??? Also would it be possible to get a job on these said parks??? I know it's done in Canada etc and I'm wanting to do the same thing here, sort of things like a guide etc...
  3. I

Cycling/Mtb clubs in Perth area???

Hey everyone, well I'll finally be in oz by the 9th April and starting my trip in Perth. So I'm wondering if there was any competitive cycling/Mtb clubs in the area??? I wanna get hooked up with a decent 2nd hand mtb bike, get some cycling buddies and get racing in oz. Thanks Neil.
  4. I

What's the dominant mtb discipline in Australia??

As I'm finally going to oz in April I'm going to need a bike as I won't be taking mine with me (too much hastle). So I'm wondering what kind of bike I should be looking for (secondhand). Downhill, enduro, or xc????
  5. I

Hostels in Perth???

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a backpackers hostel in Perth I'm landing over in April and need to get some accomadation sorted. Thanks Neil.
  6. I

Mtb in Sydney???

Hey everyone, I'm wondering what is the most common/dominant mtb discipline in the Sydney area. Ok I know Sydney is huge but I'm planning on finishing my travils and settle down there. Also are there any good cycle clubs road/mtb in Sydney??? Thanks Neil.
  7. I

Banks???

What's the best bank to use in Australia??? I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling over the next 2 years so need a good bank. Also where would I get my tax code to allow me to work??? Thanks Neil.
  8. I

looking help enjoying oz....

hey everyone, im new here so go easy on me, i was refered to your fourm:help:. well im basicly looking as much info, tips, ideas as possible to help me around and enjoy oz to the fullest. well as my name suggests im irish, and i plan to be heading to oz in the beginning of april, ive just got...
  9. I

Irish man looking to race.

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in to hi! Sadly I'm not in oz yet but do plan on getting there in April all the way from Ireland. I plan on doing a working holiday and hopefully a good bit of racing. Currently I race in the Irish XC series which is fun so I hope to get a good bit of this done...