Search results

1. poiterpan

NSW [FOUND] Shimano XTR Shifter 11 Speed

I have one of the 12 speed XTR shifter that has a little switch between 11 and 12 speed. The other XTR 12 speed doesn't. They aren't for sale but if you are lucky you could find a new one with a switch. My understanding is the Shimano 12 XTR shifter can be used for 11 with a extra shift at the...
  2. poiterpan

VIC SOLD degree angled headset angleset

Underfork your bike instead? Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
  3. poiterpan

Hip pack suggestions?

How about a cheap Dad bag from wish.com? Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
  4. poiterpan

Help choosing spokes

I think a good wheel depends on the rim. In the past I have used DT double butted without problems. On my light bicycle carbon rims I used some colourful red Six-pack double butted spokes with no issues so far. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  5. poiterpan

Moab & Crested Butte

I have just finished doing a road trip through California, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas, hitting up most of the trails listed above. Epic. It's great to have a bucket list but you will not visit them all due to time restraints and possible injury. The stand out rides for me was...
  6. poiterpan

1st aid kits - what do you carry?

Add an Alginate dressing such as Kaltostat to your kit. It is made from seaweed and encourages clotting, to slow down bleeding from those hard to stop cuts to the face/head. https://www.convatec.com.au/products/pc-wound-alginate/kaltostat-alginate-calcium-sodium-dressing Sent from my XT1650...
  7. poiterpan

Startling moments on the trails

I caught the last shuttle up to mt Buller late on a weekend afternoon and headed back down the Delatite river track. As I came round a corner I get the speed wobbles and focus on a large wide tree in my path. Luckily I get traction and make it round the bend. As I catch my breath I wondered if I...
  8. poiterpan

Bottle Cages with tool storage - What are the options?

This saddle bag squeezes in the space well. Room for topeak survival box, tube, mini pump and basic fist aid. Lower centre of gravity helps. I can also fit a 750ml bottle there. Giant trance 2014.
  9. poiterpan

Bell Super 2 MIPS sizing, stockist in SE Melbourne?

I had a medium in the old bell super, but needed a large in the new bell super 2 MIPS. The cost of buying online and sending it back if it doesn't fitisn't too much. Sent from my iWatch using Tapatalk
  10. poiterpan

Helmet recomendations

I have had a Bell super for the last 2 years and recently added a new dent to it. So I went ahead and ordered a new Bell super 2 MIPS. I ordered a medium as the old Bell super was a medium. When the new lid arrived I found the medium to be too small. So as a suggestion for anyone buying a Bell...
  11. poiterpan

Fox Creek Adelaide

The mitcham trails look pretty good. Brown trouser moment with the dog running out in front of you. The tracks are written down on my bucket list to ride next time I am in Adelaide. Sweet.
  12. poiterpan

Fox Creek Adelaide

I got to check out sheppards hill today. Nicely manicured flowing tracks. Si618: 140mm travel seems to be pretty good for the runs. Afterwards I had a quick run around prospect hill- rooty and fun track. Nice. Plenty of places to ride around Adelaide that it's a pity I didn't get to try them...
  13. poiterpan

Fox Creek Adelaide

I was out there 2 days ago in the drizzle. Ant logic was fun. Currently on a MTB holiday in Adelaide. Met a some guys riding Lynton who helped build Craigburn farm. Rode around in circles at Eagle but was put off finding the better tracks by the steep uphill a and downhills. Great riding around...
  14. poiterpan

Advice on first Wheel Build-29er Single speed Rigid

I am getting the items together to build my first wheelset. Could I get some feedback on the choices? I have a 2008 Single speed Avanti K.I.S.S. chromoly 29 inch hard tail, with rigid carbon forks. It currently has cheap 29inch Alex rim XD wheels with approx 19mm internal rim, with 32...
  15. poiterpan

Daylesford/Hepburn Springs trails?

Malmsbury to Castlemaine social ride. Leaving approx 0830-0900hrs. http://www.rockyriders.com/calendar
  16. poiterpan

VIC 2015 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 17 / June 14 / July 12 / Aug 2

It is usually at the pine Forrest. Maybe it is a new part of the pinies?
  17. poiterpan

Nerdy list of items to carry in First Aid kit

A shemagh just arrived in the mail via flea-bay. Light, compact and useful. The fabric also smells like the Middle East. Great suggestion.
  18. poiterpan

I have 1 x comprolan short stretch compression bandage from work. Heavy but effective.
  19. poiterpan

- tubifast is great for keeping dressings in place. I have found it useful this past week. - gloves to protect yourself from someone else's bodily fluids PPE - aglisite- made from seaweed to encourage coagulation. Would complement the compression to the wound. - I wouldn't want to jab dirt/sand...