Search results

1. G

DT Swiss hub ring nut - how to make future removal easier

I'm changing the cartridge bearings in my rear DT Swiss hub. Removing the ring nut was a real b!tch of a job - those who tried it before know what I'm talking about. Is there a way to treat the nut on reassembly to make future removal easier (other than grease)? I'm thinking copper based...
  2. G

How to remove and clean the blue CTD lever on 2013 Fox Shock CTD Trail Adjust

The blue CTD lever on my shock has become very hard to turn between the 3 positions. It's just that initial resistance created by the spring loaded detent steel ball that has become very high. Once it's overcome the lever moves into the adjacent position more easily, although still not as well...
  3. G

How to purge LPG bottles of all the gas

I have 2x 9L LPG gas bottles sitting in the garage, both about half full. Haven’t used them for over a year and I’m worried one day when I flick the light switch on there will be a big boom and all my bling bike parts will litter the neighbourhood. How do I purge them of all the gas? Tried...
  4. G

Melbourne Metro LBS with Formula brake spares???

I need to track down a spare pad retaining screw for my 2012 Formula R1 brakes. Need it before Easter. Tried a couple of LBSs in Melb CBD, they don't do Formula. Does anyone know a store in Melb Metro area that carries Formula spare parts? Like the one in the pic, except I want the...
  5. G

2013 RS Revelation RCT3 Solo Air Basic Service Kit

Can someone please let me know the SRAM part number for the 2013 RS Revelation RCT3 Solo Air "Basic Service Kit" (not the seal kit)? It seems to be missing from the 2013 and 2014 RockShox Spare Parts catalogues... I've found this on line but the picture seems a bit off - the two damper glide...