Search results

1. P

SPD shoe fit guide?

Try mountain bike direct, buy a few sizes and they offer free return as long as they are still in original packaging. And have you considered fiveten shoes as well ? Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk
  2. P

Giant XTC Advanced SL XX1

Well i guess the shifters nowdays are integrated with the brakes. makes them look better. Might invest in the new x7 or x9 trail brakes for less squeaky noise..
  3. P

Avid Rotors HS1 200 front 180 rear SOLD

I've got a set of Avid Elixir 7 on my bike, would these work as my current rotors are 160/140? what would i need to change?
  4. P

Righto, what size rotors did you use front and back? It comes in 160/140. Just not used to the Avid brakes, considering changing to shimano but in that case i will need to change the whole set including the shifters....
  5. P

I know you probably sold this ride, did you change the brakes at all ? or just used the avid x9s?
  6. P

Giant xtc composite vs advance SL

Yeah I do prefer them as i got them on my trance too. But they have real spongy feel, do they take a few rides before they work properly? And if i do change, would i need the levers, brakes and the rotors? or just the levers + brakes?
  7. P

Went for a quick spin comparing them both. Love the weight reduction on the advanced. Sram Avid 7 brakes seems spongy, shop says that's what they're like to start off. I hope it gets better! Would it be worth to just change over to a shimano XT brakeset? as that's what i'm more familiar with...
  8. P

Is it some tape and valve? I was more thinking of getting some snakeskin tyres... instead of the evo ones that comes with it..
  9. P

Looking for recommendations for knee pads that are good for long rides.

Recently got troy lee 5400 knee pads, lightweight, easy to put on, good for long distances. Previously tried evo661 and fox launch knee guards but for me they were a bit too bulky - but they do offer better protection..
  10. P

XTC 29er choice

What about the 2014 composite 1? Black looks nice and clean. I would get the 1 over the 2.
  11. P

Bike storage

maybe if you can get a moisture proof fully enclosed bag? just an idea.. eg.
  12. P

Thanks Guys Yeah i checked the PXCR 1 wheelset it is alloy indeed. Probably get another set of rims if i wanted to go tubeless. Now time to give it a ride in the shop!!
  13. P

Thanks mate. I think he sold it already according to other post but regardless i'm a smaller frame.
  14. P

So what's the kill? :P how much needed to spend on the conversion?
  15. P

Hey Josh, what did you need to convert to the xx1? enough gears for climbing hills?
  16. P

Hey guys, after some suggestions here, Looking for an upgrade HT , want a light bike for XC weekends, and commute during the week :) So between the models its about 800 bucks difference since the 2014 models are all out and LBS is trying to clear these! Think its worth the $800 for the...