Search results

1. M

Well this looks like fun. . Still two wheels. Lions road tt ( qld / nsw )

Well I don't know about you but a lot of the mtn bikers I know also ride motos. This looks like an amazing weekend. .. Will be trying to get off my roster slightly earlier for this one. Lions road is challenging but a damn big amount of fun. .. especially if it were only in one direction...
  2. M

Maleny QLD

Well due to FIFO work, i let my partner choose where she wanted to live... now Im stuck with Maleny (after being in perfectly placed Samford for years). Is there any DH or AM trails anywhere in Maleny or very close by? Feel free to PM me if you dont want the trails know... just devastated that...
  3. M

rockshox pike cartridge dampener in a lyrik's

from what i understand, you can put the cartridge dampener from the pikes into the lyriks... has anyone actually done this? On that note, i have upgraded my 2014 pikes to the latest charger dampener upgrade (on both my pikes and boxxer world cups)... just gauging interest of those using 160mm...
  4. M

The Effects of Cycling Infrastructure upon Cyclists and their Interaction / Behaviour

Thesis Topic: The Effects of Cycling Infrastructure upon Cyclists and their Interaction / Behaviour with Vehicular Traffic. RE: Information Sourcing Hi All, I finish my Civil/Structural Engineering degree in June. Unfortunately, I have a thesis topic and advanced geotechnical structures...
  5. M

HammerSchmidt cranks

Has anyone used hammerschmidt cranks before? Any thoughts or experiences?
  6. M

semi full face helmets

Has anyone ever heard of the casco viper helmet? www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=392 Anyone used one? Just gives the option of more protection if it works Or has anyone got experience with something similar?
  7. M

oh I'm getting excited about this new toy

Not everyone's cup of tea here but I for one am stoked that it will be here by the end of the year and that it is so close to the original prototype. Long live the superduke. .. Good to see that they will again be the King of the naked bikes www.1290superduker.com/cms/#beast
  8. M

gopro remote - gap creek

Someone riding today left their gopro remote in the gap creek car park this Sunday afternoon. Im pretty sure I know who the person is. .. young fella riding a merida hard tail. I have your remote with me. .. Call me (james)on 0402022260 to arrange pick up or drop off
  9. M

hope tech m4 evo and x2 evo

Hey all, Well I have not met anyone running hope brakes and so I thought I would try on here. I am looking at using a hope tech evo m4 on the front with a 203mm floating disc and an x2 evo with a 183mm floating rear. The price on crc seems very fair, so for those who have used/use them...
  10. M

Nicolai Nucleon AM

I have been looking pretty hard at the Nicolai bikes, nice and different with some cool engineering features such as the 14 speed sealed gearbox at the cranks, the rear wheel being able to drop out without the removal of the chain or disc brake, the way the bikes final drive method (chain) can...
  11. M

enve wheels, are they worth it?

Hi all, I'm after an opinion from those who have purchased enve wheels. I understand that it is not really about the weight saving but the strength and stiffness that you gain over a similar weighted alloy rim. My question is, do you notice a big difference from this and would you do it...
  12. M

Shoes for flat pedals

I've been trying to work out what cycling shoes to get to go with flat pedals. I mainly do a lot of single trail (tend towards the rougher technical ones). TBH i am not interested in clip-ins, coming from motorbikes i like to be able to lift the inside leg forward when shredding. It may not...