Search results

1. H

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Is that a Team LTS? I had the same one. They polished up beautifully didn't they?
  2. H

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

In '91 or '92 I had an Apollo Everest that had an elevated chain stay. It was a deep green with multi coloured stickers very similar to the Alpinestars bike I think it copied. That was the only elevated chain stay Apollo I can remember.
  3. H

District 9

Saw this a couple of days ago and absolutely loved it. There is so much to this movie; sci-fi, action, projectile pigs...plus the obvious parallels with SA history. Highly recommended!
  4. H

XC 1993 Klein Attitude - now complete

Awesome! I used to drool over the Attitude when I was riding around on my Apollo Everest. Never thought I'd ever have something as high-end as that! You know, those old XTR cantilevers still look pretty damn good. And that cable routing gives it a real clean look!
  5. H

The best frame in the world?

Hey chuteboxe, do you follow mma or train someplace? Just curious due to your name.
  6. H

Kona Cowan Horizontal dropouts

If you love them so much, try adding 'em to the start of your sentences.
  7. H

1976 ford F100

I worked at an F-Series wrecking yard for a couple of years so I thought I'd chime in. The three most common reasons our customers had an F-Series were: * They were enormous men and liked the big bench seat * They needed the massive tray (however that looks to be a short wheelbase...
  8. H

New Backpack?

And another vote for Deuter. I started with the Race X Air II but then bought a TransAlpine 25 AC. Still a cycling-designed pack but with that extra bit of room. Interestingly, my German friend told me Deuter means "cow udder" in his language and apparently this is because they used to...
  9. H

Braaaappt

Can someone tell me what Braaaapt means? I'm sure I saw it in another thread title as well.
  10. H

I Like Red It Goes Fast... with updates!

R.C. says that carbon fibre seat stays are a sales gimmick and contribute nothing toward damping. What are your thoughts on that Bazzaaaaaaaa???
  11. H

SOLD Brand new Crank Bros Smarty pedals SOLD

Sold These have been sold.
  12. H

SOLD New Trek Fuel frame and Manitou fork SOLD

Sold Sorry folks, sold.
  13. H

Paluma Push - 22 July 2007 - XC (Just north of Townsville)

You're a fifteen year old jersey?
  14. H

Paluma Push - 22 July 2007 - XC (Just north of Townsville)

Looking forward to competing and beating Bazza. Just remember that it's okay for men to cry.
  15. H

Sent you a PM
  16. H

Price drop! $400 + shipping C'mon, you can't deny that is awesome value!?!?
  17. H

Okay, tough crowd but I'll get rid of these for $40, including postage. You know you want them!
  18. H

Item: New Crank Bros Smarty pedals Location: Townsville Item Condition: Perfect - these are brand new Reason for selling: These came on a new bike and I have no need for them Price and price conditions: $60 + postage Extra Info: As the picture shows, they come with...
  19. H

SOLD Item: 15.5" Trek Fuel 70 suspension frame Manitou Axel fork Comes with headset, Bontrager stem, Rock Shox BAR rear shock and a (cheap but new) bottom bracket Location: Townsville Item Condition: All items are brand new, never been ridden. Reason for selling: Frame is...
  20. H

fixing flat tubeless tyres

It's probably been said a number of times in the past but the cheapest sealant is the stuff you make yourself. Find some modeling/liquid latex and mix it 1:1 with water. Use a cup full or so in each tire. I pick mine up from Clark Foam and Rubber for about $20/750mL. I'm in my third year...