Search results

1. iUDEX_nCr

AM Transition Sentinel - long term review

ooh, nice! solid build. Yeah go shortest cranks you can get away with. 175mm is super long.
  2. iUDEX_nCr

Am I crazy to run BB52 on a 155mm bike?

challenge accepted
  3. iUDEX_nCr

Transition Patrol Carbon (Nomad Edition)

LURVE the colours mate! sorry to bring up an old thread... but just wanted to know what you thought of the DHX2 coil on the Patrol?
  4. iUDEX_nCr

I don't mind the lower spec stuff... just wanted to check if anyone has had any experience with it. I'll keep it in there for a few months and see how it goes before changing it up. Thanks!
  5. iUDEX_nCr

AM RMAltitude Vorsprunged | L-Bicycled | DVO | Shimongrel'd

overdue update! Picked up a 2016 Transition Patrol frame from Transition's own close out sale. Had a friend who had a friend moving back to Melbourne from the States who shipped it back with their furniture for me. Took a couple months, but it's been built up! Should I create a new thread or...
  6. iUDEX_nCr

Hey burners, I've just built up a bike and part impatience/silliness I bought a BB52 bottom bracket - that's like alivio/deore stuff I think for a Transition Patrol build (I'll get around to posting full build up eventually). To add insult to injury (maybe) it cost me $35 from the local bike...
  7. iUDEX_nCr

Dream Bike for the wife - Juliana Maverick - GOT IT!

so awesome! happy riding!
  8. iUDEX_nCr

Which bike would you recommend for riding in Victoria?

Honestly, those bikes are overkill. I think a 130mm/140mm bike is perfect. Not only are the trails not that hard. For example I was at Lysterfield (first time in over 5 years) earlier today, and hit all the A-line/double diamond marked options on Follow Me today blind on my Altitude, and...
  9. iUDEX_nCr

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

I still think they're great value. The lower exchange rate really screws us though... They have a paypal code which gives you a 3.5% discount. On top of this you can use their eBay store, get your Cash Rewards cashback and then when eBay has a 10-15% off sale you'll claw a bit of the value...
  10. iUDEX_nCr

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Photographed this a few weeks ago, good to see the pictures are out now! I wasn't keen on the watermarks, but seems like he put them on anyway.
  11. iUDEX_nCr

Bike of the Day: Santa Cruz V10 Ultra-Custom

Looks even better in the flesh!
  12. iUDEX_nCr

New bike time!

For $800 yeah! no doubt that's assuming the Reign is at RRP? $4.5k will surely get you even a yeti. This time last year, the SB6c was $4.2 at My Mountain. If you're in Melbourne, check out The Ride Cycles, Aaron has Spesh, Yeti, Niner, Lapierre etc... frames to go too. Otherwise for Norco and...
  13. iUDEX_nCr

Chariot/kids chair etc recommendations?

Hey guys, My little guy's just hit 2 years and he's always keen on getting on my bike. Currently I just walk the bike and use my hands as a seat over the top tube while he steers... I live next to a reserve and would like to take him on short rides. I have just ride on toys for him, but was...
  14. iUDEX_nCr

New bike time!

Issue I find with completes are that you'll end up changing a whole lot of things... especially when you know what you want. Most completes that are good value come with pretty ordinary wheelset... ones that come with a wheelset light enough cost big bucks. If you have most of a bike, I'd say...
  15. iUDEX_nCr

Wheel truing/building equipment

thanks guys, yeah, I thought 272mm for extra spokes... although I'd have plenty anyway. Hmm... they're close to 170kgf on the higher tensioned side, and about 30-40% less on the otherside. Might Measure them up and just rebuild them.
  16. iUDEX_nCr

Wheel truing/building equipment

Used my tension meter and just used cable ties on my fork/wheel to get it close. Found my wheels were fairly under tension ~120kgf as opposed to 180kgf that the Light bicycle carbon is rated to. After I got my tension to 5% all round, my wheels were pretty good... then just tweak a little to...
  17. iUDEX_nCr

AM RMAltitude Vorsprunged | L-Bicycled | DVO | Shimongrel'd

Short ride report... apologies no photos, was having too much fun. Went to Buller with my mate, and his two mates from Florida for a day. Apparently Florida is pretty flat... one of them is an expat and very experienced, while the other had only started on a mountain bike this year. So I was...
  18. iUDEX_nCr

Intense Carbine29 '15 build complete, pics page 7!

I'm running the M9000 levers on Saint, just use the Saint hose and works fine, no additional parts. On fast and long DH runs, I've found no fade. It's on the longer -16deg fireroad section on Delatite River, going 60km/hr+ that I found the rear pumping up but without any loss in power. But...
  19. iUDEX_nCr

AM All done...... 2013 Banshee Rune V2

sweet rig! what did you use to cover your M8000 trigger after removing the window?
  20. iUDEX_nCr

VIC SOLD Raceface Turbine Cranks 175mm

Thanks gentlemen. Crankset sold.