Search results

1. iUDEX_nCr

Am I crazy to run BB52 on a 155mm bike?

Hey burners, I've just built up a bike and part impatience/silliness I bought a BB52 bottom bracket - that's like alivio/deore stuff I think for a Transition Patrol build (I'll get around to posting full build up eventually). To add insult to injury (maybe) it cost me $35 from the local bike...
  2. iUDEX_nCr

Chariot/kids chair etc recommendations?

Hey guys, My little guy's just hit 2 years and he's always keen on getting on my bike. Currently I just walk the bike and use my hands as a seat over the top tube while he steers... I live next to a reserve and would like to take him on short rides. I have just ride on toys for him, but was...
  3. iUDEX_nCr

VIC SOLD Raceface Turbine Cranks 175mm

Item: 2014 Raceface Turbine Cranks 175mm length. Think they called this their 2x10 crankset. I ran 1x11 setup with a 104bcd ring Location: Melbourne/Preston Item Condition: Very good condition, light heal rub, have always had crank boots. The large nut is slightly rounded but still works...
  4. iUDEX_nCr

VIC Sold

Item: 27.5 / 650b front wheel SOLD
  5. iUDEX_nCr

Wheel truing/building equipment

Hey guys, it's been years since I last built a wheel... but more than anything I just want to be able to true/re-tension my wheels at home. It's easier than packing bits up, dropping off at LBS, going back to pick it up etc... So thinking about getting a truing stand, and saw these...
  6. iUDEX_nCr

Chain selection and how to maximise life on cassettes

Hey guys, I'm running the XTR M9000 cassette, and running the XTR/Durace chain.. I think it's the HG900? Running Raceface NW 32T chainring up front. Looking at getting a KMC X11 EL chain, maybe two because they come with the quicklink making them much more economical. It would be nice to...
  7. iUDEX_nCr

Looking for a replacement 142x12, M12-1.5 thru-axle.

Hi RBers, I have a 2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude... and the cam system on the rear axle isn't great. It works, but it feels like to get the right tension I need to crank it really tight. I'm pretty sure it has a thread pitch of 1.5mm, which rules out the DT Swiss thru-axles. Looking for...
  8. iUDEX_nCr

Ellsworth Truth experiences

Hey guys, Putting together a bike for my brother and saw an Ellsworth Truth (2008) frame up for sale. I'm pretty keen on it and think it'll be great with a 120-140mm fork up front as a do everything trail bike. It'll inherit all the parts from my frankenbike which he has been riding, and...
  9. iUDEX_nCr

28H or 32H for yumcha carbon rear wheel?

Hey guys, Thought since our dollar is tanking against the USD, I'd get some light-bicycle wheels sooner rather than later. I've read the epic thread already, but there are some questions I still have unanswered. Will be running these on my RM Altitude, so will need to go down some DH sections...
  10. iUDEX_nCr

Will XTR M980 cranks fit Raceface Team XC BB?

Hey guys, Just wondering if I get a set of XTR M980 cranks, will I need a new bottom bracket? Currently running Raceface Turbine Cranks (not cinch), and according to the spec sheet "Race Face Press Fit Team XC Bottom bracket". EDIT: bike is 2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude Thanks!
  11. iUDEX_nCr

Photography ettiquette?

Hey guys, I like taking photos... I do it for a living (somehow). Would love to photograph some mountain biking. Thinking I might start by heading down to the races to take some photos. But ultimately I just want to be able to arrange some epic mountain biking shoots - mostly for personal...
  12. iUDEX_nCr

VIC SOLD SOLD SOLD Raceface Indy Shorts NEVER USED Medium BLACK

Item: Raceface Indy Shorts - Black - Medium BRAND NEW NEVER USED. Location: VICTORIA - Heidelberg West Item Condition: Out of Packaging, and hand washed in preparation for use. NEVER USED. These are too big for me :( I've ordered a set in Small now. Reason for selling: Too big for me :(...
  13. iUDEX_nCr

Awesome Ergon dealers near Melbourne?

Hey guys, I need to retire my crumpler from rides (it's really not that good) and also my old school flite saddle is in need of some TLC. So started looking and got interested in the Ergon BE2 backpack, and SME3 Pro saddle... the blue is a bonus! while I was at it, the blue BG1 slim grips look...
  14. iUDEX_nCr

what's your winter kit?

hey guys, Just wondering what your winter kit consists of? more for enduro, multi hour rides with descents (and crashes). it's getting chilly... and got me thinking.
  15. iUDEX_nCr

WTB: MRP AMG guide, aluminium or carbon, suit 34T

Hi Rotorburners... I'm after a set of MRP AMG guides... aluminium or carbon to suit 34T ring. Anyone have one? or know of a store that has them in stock? Thanks :)
  16. iUDEX_nCr

Vanox vs. Ti alloy rails on SI Flite saddle

Hey RBs, just wondering what the difference between vanox and titanium rails with regard to Selle Itialia saddles are? I have an old school Flite Ti saddle (with the stitched logos) that's very worn and I'm looking at getting a new one... not sure whether to go vanox or ti. Price aside...
  17. iUDEX_nCr

[sovled]Need help E.13 TRS+ (2014) / LG1 TM guide chainline adjustment

Hi, just replaced my x9 drivetrain with an XTR 11 speed drivetrain on my 2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude Rally Edition. Not sure if it matters, but running 1x11, and stock raceface turbine cranks, pressfit BB, narrow-wide chain. I have an E Thirteen TRS+ chainguide that came with the bike (I...
  18. iUDEX_nCr

VIC [SOLD] 2014 X9 drivetrain... new off bike. Perfect way to go 10 speed!!!! NOT XD

**************** SOLD ******************** the whole LOT for $150 + postage! Item: Sram X9 MatchMaker Trigger 1x10spd Location: Melbourne Item Condition: New off bike, ridden <1km. Reason for selling: Upgraded to 11 speed Price and price conditions: $40 Extra Info: Please note...
  19. iUDEX_nCr

AM RMAltitude Vorsprunged | L-Bicycled | DVO | Shimongrel'd

Hi guys, Have been on here a while, and have always wanted to share with others my bike journey... but haven't gotten the courage to do it till now (I Hope!) I've always enjoyed reading about other people's builds, and had an opportunity a few years back (almost 10 years! geewiz time flies!)...
  20. iUDEX_nCr

XTR M9000 rear derailleur mid cage compatibility

Hey guys, Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with the new 11spd rear mech in mid cage? I read somewhere that the mid cage has a 37T compatibility, but as it is Shimano only have the 11 spd cassette at 11-40T. I can understand they may have made the mid-cage for anyone...