Search results

1. E

Boostinator on dt240 rear any issues?

Anyone been running a boostinator conversion for a while on a dt240? Getting a new frame but wheels are not that old. Good idea or just spring for a new hub, spokes and build?
  2. E

Oakley Prizm

Keen to grab some of these off CRC, hear they are pretty good but no where round here stocks the trail ones. Anyone wearing the Radar EV, any good?
  3. E

Carbon handlebars

Looking for some light bars to upgrade the kids bikes both girls 6 & 10, found theses on Ebay. www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-MTB-Carbon-Fiber-Bike-Handlebar-Mountain-Road-Cycling-Bicycle-Riser-Bars-A5/282581115485?hash=item41cb25a25d:m:m-eNH6E0SeGLXZgdAjnbUag I've been researching horror stories on...
  4. E

FOUND Air Fork 26" 80-100mm travel

Item: 26" air fork, 1 1/8 straight steerer, disc brake mounts, 9mm dropouts, 80-100mm travel Location: Sydney but happy to pay postage Item Condition: Used but not trashed. Reason for selling: upgrade on daughters 24" GT stomper Price and price conditions: $100ish Extra Info: Something not...
  5. E

Kids gloves

Where's the best place to get mtb gloves for kids and any recommendations/ 6 and 10 year old girls.
  6. E

New front tire advice.

Need a new front tire. Currently riding a 2015 Fuel 27.5 got some 30mm int rims and went with a ardent race 2.35 rear and a 2.6 Nobby Nic up front. I ran this combo in a 2.25 and 2.35 on 22mm int rims and it hooked up pretty good but this new big bagged tire won't work for me, I'm loading the...
  7. E

Old front hubs

Item: I'm after some old clapped out front hubs with bearings to mount on a trailer for bike rack. I need a 15mm 100, a 15mm 110 (boost) and 2 x 9mm QR 100. Location: I'm in the Southern part of Sydney but happy to pay postage. Item Condition: Trashed Reason for selling: Adding a bike rack to...
  8. E

Oaks trail tomorrow

Got some mates talking about doing the oaks trail tomorrow, I have not been there before and we have had some rain. I live down in the royal natio. Can any locals tell me is it worth the drive or will it be a slop fest? Thanks
  9. E

shin guards for the mrs

I have got a bike for my wife for chrissy, got some 510s and saint pedals till she hopefully builds a bit of confidence and goes to clips. I am a bit concerned the saints might open up her shin and put an end to all things bike. Anybody had experience with this, do you wear shin guards and what...
  10. E

shin/knee pads?

I have got a bike for my wife for chrissy, got some 510s and saint pedals till she hopefully builds a bit of confidence and goes to clips. I am a bit concerned the saints might open up her shin and put an end to all things bike. Any of you ladies had experience with this, do you wear shin guards...
  11. E

Snapped spokes

Hey guys and girls. I bought some carbon rims on DT240s hubs with DT comp spokes from a reputable Chinese online manufacturer 6 months ago. They are 30 mm int rims got the heavy duty version for the back 32h 3 cross pretty standard. Been having a blast on them till the other day when they went...
  12. E

Headset bearings

Anyone know if I can use a R426 in place of the cane creek lower bearing in a is-3 40 series headset, they appear to be the same dimension but the 426 is 0.5mm thicker. Only thing I can think is it might not seal. Seems everyone is out of the genuine.
  13. E

lower headset bearing 40x52x6.5 36x45

I have a cane creek is-3 headset on a fuel 9.8, the seals are rubbish and the bearing is full of crud and rust and slipping in the frame. I can get a stainless ball replacement for the top bearing but the best I can find for the lower is a pro sealed cartridge is 52/40 from mountain bikes direct...
  14. E

To Fork juice or not to?

Been using a silicone spray post ride on the shock, fork and dropper bounce a couple of times and wipe with a clean rag. Fox 32 120 fit and fox reactive shock. Do others do this, good idea or just attracting more dirt?
  15. E

Aluminium frame repair in Sydney area

I've got an old knolly with a crack in the down tube near the head tube, anyone know a welder in southern Sydney who repairs frames?