Search results

1. Goudgey

AM Bird, bird, bird.... bird is the word.

@Litenbror Beautiful bike! I was chasing one of these a few months ago but Bird told me they were no longer shipping to Australia. How did you get around that, or did you but before they stopped shipping here?
  2. Goudgey

Drivetrain upgrade from Deore 10sp

Sunrace do a HG hub compatible, Shimano optimised 12 speed cassette. SRAM NX 12 speed cassette will also work but you’ll need to run a SRAM chain.
  3. Goudgey

Thanks, worked long and hard on that one :) I've got a HG freehub and the Sunrace cassette works perfectly fine with the Deore derailleur & chain. The only compromise is the top gear is 11 tooth rather than 10 tooth on a Shimano cassette as the HG freehub wont accept anything less than 11 tooth.
  4. Goudgey

Hey Hambo, same bike and same starting drivetrain as your. I moved to 12 speed and it made a lifetime of difference to me (not really...but the larger granny gear is nice to have when you want to sit and spin). I picked up a new 12 speed Deore crankset, shifter, derailleur and chain from a...
  5. Goudgey

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode it yesterday and got it dirty. Also noticed that I had almost zero stopping power from the front brake so today I replaced pads front and back with metal pads (replacing resin) and bedded them in, played around with pressures, sag and rebound, washed the bike, degreased and relubed the...
  6. Goudgey

Crank arm retaining clip installation

Shingles is a serious medical condition and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Thanks to you, Duckmeister and everyone else for the help. Greatly appreciated.
  7. Goudgey

Gotta be careful about stopping short of slimes.
  8. Goudgey

not the best photo but shows the spindle stopping a few mm short of the slimes on the inside of the crank arm.Does this look right? The crank isn’t from aliexpress as far as I’m aware. Was purchased near new from a guy on Facebook marketplace. Was apparently put onto a new frame by bike shop...
  9. Goudgey

it’s installed with the slot over the outside pinch bolt. I’m not clear on what is meant by gap between the end of the shingle and the preload cap. Can you please clarify?
  10. Goudgey

Thanks for all the advice guys, greatly appreciated. I'll double check to make sure the crank is seated properly, although I've installed it a couple of times now in an attempt to get the clip installed flush and have not found any lateral play in the cranks/BB.
  11. Goudgey

Thinking about this, and looking at the picture of the clip which shows a raised step in the top edge, given that the clip is sitting parallel with the end of the crank arm, I think it may be installed correctly. The clip rotates around the right side bolt so if it wasn't installed correctly...
  12. Goudgey

Hi Team, I've installed a new M6100 Deore crankset and bottom bracket to a frame with 73mm BSA bottom bracket shell and am concerned that the non-drive side crank arm is not installed correctly because the small black retaining clip is sitting proud of the end of the crank arm. I believe this...
  13. Goudgey

Sold Trek Madone 5.9

Sold
  14. Goudgey

Sold Trek Madone 5.9

$1,750 ono...
  15. Goudgey

Which Alloy Enduro/Trail 27.5 Bike for around $4k

Yeah, I agree with that. I was fortunate to pick up my A50 from Pushys for $3,600 during a sale when they were clearing out end of season stock. Great value at that price.
  16. Goudgey

Which Alloy Enduro/Trail 27.5 Bike for around $4k

What about a Rocky Mountain Altitude? bit over budget and lower spec than the Trek Remedy 8, but a great frame that will do everything you want of it. https://www.pushys.com.au/rocky-mountain-altitude-alloy-30-mountain-bike-surfin-bird-2020.html
  17. Goudgey

Sold Trek Madone 5.9

Open to offers on this badboy!
  18. Goudgey

Choosing the correct saddle bum ouchy

Specialized Phenom in 143mm width for me. Cutout, relatively short nose which isn’t too wide and a slight curve at the back. I’ve been running them on my road bikes and mountain bikes for a long time now and find them more comfortable than any other saddle I’ve tried.
  19. Goudgey

Sold Trek Madone 5.9

Bump...
  20. Goudgey

Advice for a flat pedal newb

so just a small scratch then?