Search results

1. H

WTB: Shimano 180mm -> 203mm post mount adapter

Item: Shimano SM-MA-F203-P/PM 203mm Front Disc Brake Adaptor (post mount) Location: Cairns Price range/Willing to Pay: $5 + postage? Extra Info: Got new forks which take 180mm minimum rotor.
  2. H

Cheap dropper lever

Item: Dropper lever Location: Cairns Price range/Willing to Pay: $10 + Postage Extra Info: Wolftooth would be nice but seriously anything is good for now. I want to buy a ZTTO but delivery won't be until Sep 21st! My son snapped the shit plastic TransX one today (maiden trail ride too!) while...
  3. H

QLD EVOC FR Enduro Blackline 16L pack

Item: EVOC FR Enduro Blackline 16L pack Location: Cairns but can post Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: I use a Henty Enduro pack Price and price conditions: $145 inc postage Aus wide Extra Info: Never crashed, water bladder is clean...
  4. H

Cairns Trails in Paradise

We're making progress! I say 'we', I had a small hand in managing the email and invitations for many of the politicians that were invited. But heck, how exciting is this? There's definitely scope to build something business wise off the back of it...
  5. H

Found: Used shock pump

Do you have a spare shock pump I can buy from you? Item: Shock pump Location: Cairns Price range/Willing to Pay: Does $25 sound realistic? Extra Info: I just want something basic but obviously in reasonable shape.
  6. H

Drivetrain upgrade from Deore 10sp

Hi all, After some convincing, my wife 'wants' to upgrade her bike to 1x (current 3 x 8) and I see this as an opportunity transfer my drivetrain to hers, and then look at a new drivetrain for my bike. I currently have an XT 10sp shifter, Deore 10sp M6000 derailleur and a Sunrace 11-46T...
  7. H

Your bike spaces

Hi all, I'm just a rookie when it comes to bikes and bike parts taking up room but what about you? Post a photo of your bike space so I can show the wife and tell her it's not as bad as...
  8. H

Skin soreness

Does anyone here suffer from skin soreness down there after a ride? Specifically toward the most rearward part where the leg meets the groin. Admittedly it is the most humid time of the year and wearing padded shorts helps but I'm still limited to an hour of riding before it starts to get too...
  9. H

Mechanical disc brakes - Paul Klampers

I had no idea cable brakes could be so effective. Shame they cost as much as my bike! https://www.paulcomp.com/shop/components/brakes/disc-brakes/i-s-klamper/
  10. H

FOUND: Garmin quarter turn mount

Item: Garmin (or equivalent) Quarter Turn mount and rings Location: Cairns Price range/Willing to Pay: $5 + postage Extra Info: Got to be compatible with the Edge 200
  11. H

Converting budget bikes to 1x

OK so now I have a toolkit and workstand on the way I want to convert my two cheaper hardtails to 1x (11-42 or 46) One is a 2014 Giant Talon 2 with 3x10 Deore, separate brakes and shifters, and an external bb. The other is a 2016 Trek Marlin 6 with 3x8 Altus, separate shifters and brakes and...
  12. H

Help me build a bike toolset list

I just fixed up my son's bike, cleaned and degreased my chain and adjusted the gears oh so slightly and it was all a massive ball ache because I lack decent tools and a bike stand. With talk of now both my children potentially getting decent bikes, I think it's time I went all in and became the...
  13. H

Choosing a decent bike for a growing 11yr old (151cm tall)

Hi all, My son is 10 (will be 11 in May) and we've promised him a quality mountain bike in July if he reaches some specific milestones. He currently rides a Merida Matts Jr 24 (24" wheel) with grip shift gears, cantilever brakes and a 60mm front fork (it's stiff as shit). He enjoys riding the...
  14. H

Body weight exercises to improve climbing and endurance?

Hi all, I suffer from running out of steam when doing climbing or pinch climbs, my thigh muscles feel fatigued and I have to stop for a while. Any ideas on exercises or Youtube routines that don't rely on a gym or weights that I can follow to improve this?
  15. H

First trail wheelset advice

Hi all! I thought I'd start a dedicated thread to annoy you all with on advice when choosing my first proper trail wheelset for my hardtail. I have two wheelsets on my shortlist - Nukeproof Horizon v2 - $629 delivered Hunt Trail Wide - $709 delivered My criteria are: 29" front and rear...
  16. H

FOUND: 2 x Shimano 160mm -> 203mm Post Mount adapters

Item: 2 x Shimano 160mm -> 203mm Post Mount adapters (SM-MA-F203-P/P or equivalent) Location: Post to Cairns Price range/Willing to Pay: $15 delivered would be aces :) Extra Info:
  17. H

Black Friday 2020 specials?

If you see something noteworthy, post it here!
  18. H

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

Hi all! I'm looking at getting tyre inserts as I want to run lower pressures but avoid bumping against the rim all the time. So far I've seen - Cushcore Pro (Expensive and heavy) Nukeproof ADR (Inexpensive and light, but they stretch) Huck Norris (No idea) And now a new one from Tannus...
  19. H

Brake issues thread

Hey all, Did a long descent and my heard a scraping from my rear brake. Smelt burnt and I have black marks on the rear discs. Also, any way to centre the disc between pads (Shimano MT 400 brakes)?
  20. H

Children's bike, component and accessories questions

Hi all, I'm looking to buy my daughter, who is about to turn 7 years old, some equipment to make her riding more safe and enjoyable and need some advice. Crash Protection Any suggestions for elbow and knee pads that aren't hideously expensive? What's your favourite children's crash helmet...