Search results

1. AngoXC

26" replacements for 2.35 Larsen TT/2.4 MotoRaptor

Recently retired my old (L)arse(n)s for Schwalbe Nobby Nics (folding 2.25"). Granted I picked them up in the UK, they're still produced in a wire bead option and 2.35" width as far as I can tell.
  2. AngoXC

The Photo Snob Thread

(10 characters)
  3. AngoXC

Good battery charger for AA and AAA batteries - recommendations.

It's a bit more complex than your standard 'wall socket Energizer charger' but I wouldn't' say the device is difficult to use. Actually, if you want to just chuck your batteries in and let it go, it defaults to charging at 1A if nothing is pressed within a few seconds of powering up. (Unlike a...
  4. AngoXC

Good battery charger for AA and AAA batteries - recommendations.

+1 for the Maha C9000. Since you're in Melb's outer east, go see these guys in Mitcham. http://www.protog.com.au/buy/maha-powerex-mh-c9000-wizardone-aa-aaa-battery-cha/9000
  5. AngoXC

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Nice. My girlfriend gave me one of these years ago - it was her grandfather's once upon a time who purchased it in the mid 90's but his health deteriorated and it hung in her garage ever since pretty much disused. Tyres had since perished and I updated a few of the components (saddle...
  6. AngoXC

Five Ten Impact Sole Damage

I've little experience with 5.10's cycle range but relatively premature wear is typical of their climb/approach range. It's a trade off for having super-sticky soles that will grip anything (including wet grass!). Some models are resoleable - might be worth looking into?
  7. AngoXC

VIC Mavic Cross Ride (or similar) QR Disc Rear Wheel

Item: Mavic Cross Ride (or similar) QR Disc Rear Wheel Location: Melbourne, Victoria (local sale preferred). Price: As cheap as possible. $50 for a wheel / $100 for a set? Extra info: Request on behalf of a work colleague who had a nasty accident last week. Hoping to sort him out with a rear...
  8. AngoXC

Buying first car - after advice

I'm on my second Forester after upgrading to a turbo XT. It very much is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Rear sway bar, turbo back exhaust and a tune is all you need to wake these things up to be quick but economical daily drivers. Safe and practical as hell too. Unsure whether you can drive the...
  9. AngoXC

VIC Shimano XT Ice Tech 180mm Centerlock Rotor

*BUMP* (10 characters)
  10. AngoXC

VIC Shimano XT Ice Tech 180mm Centerlock Rotor

Item: Shimano XT / Saint RT81 Ice Tech 180mm Rotor (Centerlock) Location: Melbourne Item Condition: As good as possible. No bends or lips in braking surface. Willing to pay: $30? Extra Info:
  11. AngoXC

NSW pls remove

I don't think either of those brands product a stem for Giant OD2 which is 1.25". You might need to find some shims to space a 1.5" stem perhaps?
  12. AngoXC

VIC Shimano LX / SLX / XT Cranks

Rear mech found. Still chasing crankset. Cheers!
  13. AngoXC

Shimano or hayes 8 inch disc brake adaptor

I've got a IS > Post if required. Melbourne-based also.
  14. AngoXC

The Photo Snob Thread

Facing south-west actually. Magellanic cloud was my first thought also but I haven't really looked into it. As Ben mentioned earlier, cranked ISO + large aperture. Couldn't overcook the image either as it would blow out the tent / torch light. I snapped another image where by the tent...
  15. AngoXC

What would you want for the shift as well?
  16. AngoXC

Item: Shimano LX / SLX / XT Hollowtech crankset 9 or 10 speed (good condition - don't need chainrings but a BB would be nice) Location: Melbourne, Victoria Price range/Willing to Pay: $60 for the cranks? Extra Info: Looking to update a few bits on my commuter. -A
  17. AngoXC

Subaru Forester forums?

I think GTs now get the P-plate approval nod so you should get appeal from a slightly wider audience. Blast from the past! Went under a while back.
  18. AngoXC

Subaru Forester forums?

OzFoz is alive and kicking though it's getting to that point where most things have already been covered. It is a relatively small community though. OzFoz Subaruforester.org Subyclub Offroadsubarus.com There is a lot of crossover with the Impreza so you'll find answers to many topics...
  19. AngoXC

Longboard skateboards.

Used to boot around uni on one years ago. Great fun. Had a Sector 9 of some description. One of the super flexy fibreglass / maple decks. Amazing for carving. Cost a small fortune but rode like nothing else. Ended up coming off and the thing got wedged under a bus.
  20. AngoXC

The Photo Snob Thread

^ Mint. Snap from the summit of Mt Bogong on a bit of a ski touring adventure a few weeks back.