Search results

1. G

Back in the saddle

Hi all, I'm in the market for a new bike, first one in nearly ten years. Was riding a 2006 Hoss Deluxe previously but haven't done much riding in the last few years and have little idea about current bikes, so many to research!! Just after a suggestion for a decent XC bike that can handle...
  2. G

Upgrade/Build/Buy

Hi all I have a 2006 Kona Hoss Deluxe (hardtail) and she's getting a bit tired. I haven't done anything to it since I bought it apart from service it and replace the chain. My budget is 3k -ish, (fairly flexible), should I upgrade components, buy a new bike, or build a new one? I want...
  3. G

Yarran Dheran

Hi guys, My LBS told me about Yarran Dheran the other day, near east link. Any one ridden threre before, or have any info about it? Cheers
  4. G

Comprehensive map of trails in melbourne/geelong

Hi guys, I just stumbled accross the following site: http://www.bigyak.net.au/gmaps/vicbiketrailsgmap.html It is fantastic. If you use bike trails a fair bit or need to know where some around your area are, this is what you need. Hasn't been updated in the last 12 months it appears, but...
  5. G

SPD Compatible Shoes

Hey guys, I got some Shimano 545's the other day. I was wondering, do I have to buy Shimano shoes for Shimano pedals? Or are all MTB shoes compatible with any cleats? If so, any suggestions? I like a couple of the shimano ones but don't know who else makes SPD shoes. Cheers
  6. G

UFO PLAST Stockists

Hi all, Does anyone know who stocks UFO gear? I've looked at Torpedo 7 but they only order in bulk, and I can't order from their website. I'd rather buy from an aussie mob to save on shipping time, yankee land will take ages. Cheers
  7. G

Location/Map

Hi all, I want to go for a ride at hurstbridge but I have no idea where the trails are. Does anyone know if there is a map out there anywhere, or can anyone tell me where they are? Also, I have been looking for maps of the You Yangs MTB park, all I can find are maps for Stockyards. Apparently...
  8. G

Where to ride

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting into some DHing, but don't know any tracks around Melbourne. There are a couple of little slopes around the place, but nothing like a real DH track. I'm aware of the You Yangs and Lysterfield, are there any others? Cheers
  9. G

Pedals

Hi all, I'm sure this has been done before but can't really find anything. I currently have the stock flats on my Kona Hoss, but am looking at upgrading. I do mainly XC but also do a bit of basic DH if I can find something decent. I've never really looked at upgrading my pedals before, so...
  10. G

Decent Jerseys

Hi all, I'm looking to get a decent jersey for riding, but most of the ones I've seen are rather homosexual. I want something that isn't figure hugging, is short sleeved, and looks half decent. I saw a guy on the trail with an awesome Kona one once, but havent been able to find it. After...
  11. G

Riding in Melb CBD

Hey guys, I'm looking at working on some of my pump/DJ skills, or lack thereof. Unfortunatley the best time for me to go riding at the moment is on my lunch break from work in the city (melbourne). I was wondering if there are any tracks or something in/near the CBD? Cheers
  12. G

Tracks out woop woop (Kilmore)

Hey guys, I've just moved out to Kilmore and was wondering if anyone knows any decent tracks to ride in the area (apart from the obvious at Mt Dissapointment). Cheers
  13. G

Which Lights?

Gday All. I live in the sticks and will be riding to and drom the station this year, most of the trip through bush/singletrack, with a lot of cover so not much ambient light. Was wondering what light set you would recommend?
  14. G

where to get frames

gday all. strongly considering buidling my own bike instead of buying, but where can I get the frames apart from on the forum? Can someone please tell me some shops in melbourne that sell frames? Specifically i'm after a frame for a 2006 Kona Dawg, or something similar, with the full build...
  15. G

giant or kona...

hey all. I've seent the new stp1 and the new stuff, but cant quiet make up my mind. I know they have about the same price, but i dont know too much about compnents. can some one please tell me which one is the better?
  16. G

Desicions desicions...

Gday All. I'm looking at getting back into the game, and i'm after some tips on what bike I should get. I mainly do cross country (bike paths and single track) but I love the mud and the dirt. Dont DJ, but do the usual drop offs and jumps that pup up in the track. I used to ride an 03 Kona...
  17. G

Plenty River Trail/Main Yarra Trail

Gday all. Yoiks, its been too long since i've visited this site. I'm a Greensborough local, who frequently rides on the Plenty River Trail. There is however, a question that i've long desired to know the answer to. In the melways over the last year or two, it has had a "proposed" bike...
  18. G

Blue Lake

Hey guys, I know this should be in the watering hole, but any time I put something there the XC guys (those few of us) dont respond. Does anyone want to go for a ride out to Blue Lake over the next week or so? Its out the back of Greensborough for those who dont know, the start of the trail is...
  19. G

attention all southerners => Farkin Formula 1

Hey guys. Seeing as the Northern guys are goin to do their paintball thingy, how about us southerners have a get together, I was thinking a Farkin Formula One! The Mob I reckon we should go to does organized Grand Prix and everything, check it out! What do you guys (and gals) think?
  20. G

Ironhorse SGS Pro

Gday guys. I'm thinkin of delving into the DH scene, and I've seen this bike and started drooling. Can you guys tell me about it? I've checked it out at the site and it looks pretty tasty, does anyone ride one? And where can I get one?[/img]