1. R

WTB used or new double crown dh fork. rshox/fox/zocchi

ah, see them now. would have been great but steerer cut to 160mm
  2. R

interested. could you snap me a pic?
  3. R

dvo's are great but only ones i see on ebay require kidney sales....
  4. R

Item: double crown fork Location: ship to tas Price range/Willing to Pay:500 Extra Info: WTB double crown dh fork.(new/used cgood cond.) rshox boxxer ,zocchi888, fox 40 etc. must have long 1/18 straight steerer, pref. uncut or min240mm for extra long head tube on a custom bike. please pm if you...
  5. R

E-Bike Batteries

did your friend get the battery replaced in the end? i repack ebike batteries with good cells, spotwelded. sanyo ga are usually good cells. depending on location, there might be folks that could do it for reasonable costs..
  6. R

hi is your rc4 shock still available?

hi is your rc4 shock still available?
  7. R

eBikes - what's the current perspective

dont joke about it. we used to be allowed to ride pushbikes over the Tasman bridge, in hobart, till the cops got sick of this old fart flogging it at 70kph over it in his mobility scooter. now, there really isnt any (legal) way to get across, as the bridge footpath was built for peds, back in...
  8. R

sincerely sorry if i sound like a smartarse, but the title of this thread is asking what other bikers current perspectives are of ebikes, not weather or not they should be allowed on mtb only trails. I for one, after some thought(perhaps a year) am finding myself somewhat sympathetic towards...
  9. R

i would be sceptical about the real value of a 300w kit generally. the reality remains that GOOD quality li-ion is still somewhat expensive. at that kits price range i wouldnt expect the battery(most expensive component) to be genuine or last more then a few months. thats not even addressing...
  10. R

the cargo bike scenario is awesome. youll find even ~8kw will be very handy to move shopping, kids, wife etc to and fro from your local business hub, go to the beach :happy: youi can pretty much say bye bye to the car most of the time...
  11. R

Shimano brake bleed kits

i got a litre of shimano oil from CRC or Evans, cant remember which.30 shipped. by the time you get the small oil bottle ,plastic tube and syringe for ~$20, you might as well go for the 1Lt for 30bucks that will last for ever. chemist syringe was $1.00 but i did notice the plunger was less...
  12. R

Bargain buys thread

saint brakes yes indeed, Evans seems to be cheapest price, better then CRC, ebay or anywhere, but probably went yp a notch cause of the au dollar
  13. R

hey, thats a nice little number! i havnt seen one like that yet, but it only looks to be good for ditching the shuttle to get up the mountain. forget long rides, the battery is just too small...
  14. R

giant glory 2008 freeride 'Expert" rear shock length technical question

thanks heaps for the info guys. much appreciated . it does indeed look like its 8.75". great bike it is! built like a tank and a little heavy but very stable at speed. im also pretty confident its not going to break in a hurry. cheers -RTL
  15. R

giant glory 2008 freeride 'Expert" rear shock length technical question

hi guys can anyone tell me what the rear shock length for is for the 2008 glory expert(black with rshox totems,gold 8 on the side) there seems to be both 9.5" (240mm) and 8.75"(222mm) shocks used in the 2008 glory models. cant seem to find any specific specs/techncal data for this bike...
  16. R

that does seem a whisker harsh..... cant expect people to get things to be perfect overnight. but you gotta give people some slack while they try to no?
  17. R

im not too sure that DK or that wild dog character were ever trying to convert anyone. i thought they were really more interested in finding out what other riders' opinions were regarding ebikes.....as the thread title suggests(so sorry if that sounds patronising, not intentional) @ tyres-...
  18. R

Fully agree. the same thing goes for 200w road pedal assist ,heavy ,useless ,expensive, chinese junkpiles. once you put on all the extra weight, unless its got real power, its just a dissappointment, and often puts people off after their first couple rides. a bike with serious...
  19. R

i for one, have only ever ridden a trail once before being put off by the enterprise warp 9 feeling. the 10kg+ hubmotor in the rear is also a huge unsprung weight and is really not ideal for this application. the guys who are perhaps more likely to take to trails are the mid-drive faction...