Search results

1. L

VIC Sold

Pm sent...
  2. L

Being filmed on the trails by RC helicopter - would it bother you?

Check out this footage, shot from an rc quadcopter. With the right gear and a decent pilot you could get some awesome footage! I wouldn't care as long as I didn't get hit, but then you'd only take footage of me riding if you wanted a blooper reel at the end! http://youtu.be/yHi5gA-9TzQ
  3. L

VIC Cheap parts for son's first 26" bike.

The 8" rotors are a massive hit on my young blokes merida. We had a test ride today and he's gone from having to grab a fist full of v brake to pop a tiny endo to two finger braking and pulling some pretty cool rolling stopies! 6-8" might seem over kill but don't forget the lack of strength in...
  4. L

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Pulled a heap of bits off my new bike and replaced them with one. So much simpler.
  5. L

Post your all mountain bike

Wooop! Finally!!
  6. L

Merida Matts Lite XT build for my 8y/o

Thanks guys. Thanks heaps for the seat post chops, your a real gent! Shortening the cranks was pretty straight forward, aligning the BB and new hole was only slightly frustrating, but at a cost of $0 well worth it. A quick lick of black paint and at a glance it should be unnoticeable [emoji106]
  7. L

Drive side shortened crank is done, just lacking some paint. We installed the new inner cable and set the shifter up. We are ditching the 34t NW in favour of a 28t widget we bought from steve24 which should help his little legs with climbing. I dropped the LHS crank into the LBS to get a left...
  8. L

Avanti torrent 2, opinions?

It's in the shop!!! Arrived 1/2 hour ago, so excited!! They are going to assemble it today and I'll head in tomorrow. He ordered a reverb for it and I'll decide on bars/stem/grips when I get there and have sat on it, though I'm still leaning towards a 50mm with a nice wide flat bar. I feel like...
  9. L

Canberra Centenary Trail in a day

Ahh, miss you by a day! We had planned on staying a week but other commitments came up [emoji19]. That would have been great, are you guys doing Stromlo? We are staying at the Ibis in Narrabundah. Would be cool to bike back to the motel. Is it much of a slog over Black Mtn? Cheers, Chris
  10. L

Canberra Centenary Trail in a day

I'll be in Canberra from the 22nd, riding stromlo with the family. Can you take this track from stromlo back to Canberra? Looks like it was a great way to spend a day! Cheers, Chris
  11. L

145mm cranks [emoji106]
  12. L

Haha, fixed it for ya ^^^^ Should come up alright with a finish on the sander and a new lick of paint :)
  13. L

Cutting, drilling and tapping the cranks. 145mm...
  14. L

He got the cable outers sorted this afternoon. Handle bars cut down (580mm) and installed brakes, shifter, grips and Hope end caps. He will use my Hope Head Doctor as well. I wanted to buy new grips but he insisted on using the old PDW alloy lock ons. Just waiting on the fork, headset and 1.5 -...
  15. L

Nice, thanks mate I'll keep an eye on it anyway. They obviously run cup and cone like Shimano? Cheers, Chris
  16. L

Are the Mavic cross rides built on Easton hubs?
  17. L

Thanks mate. I did read that they are a little hard to set up and being my first full susser I may struggle there. Plan is; Race Face Narrow wide 32t (orange [emoji4]) Race Face Half Nelson grips (orange) My trusty XT trail pedals Flat bars (unsure on what) 50mm zero rise stem Tyres, thinking...
  18. L

1x10 without a chainguide

Hey guys. As soon as my torrent arrives I'll be ditching the 2x up front and putting on a race face NW 32t. On my scott I ran a 34t NW with XT gear, 11-34t. The new bike comes with SRAM and runs 12-36t. I found my previous setup was good on the trails I ride, but I would have been happier with...
  19. L

Thanks mate, it should be good. I'm just trying to decide at the moment whether I go with an air fork and accept the weight penalty or run a rigid aluminium and keep the weight down? At the moment he hasn't been introduced to suspension and I'm thinking we might keep it that way for now. I can...