Search results

1. M

SRAM XX1 (not 29er specific)

Gotta love another "standard" for the industry. I love the 1x and innovative chainring. I was interested to see what chainring BCD would be and if XX1 chainrings would be able to be used on standard XX 80mm. SRAM says NO with a 76mm (new) standard. Sram certainly don't want consumers mixing and...
  2. M

XCX guides with Truvativ cranks

Nice work TRex. You're probably spoiled with choice in that case. High or low mounts. Some people share a simplistic view at the other end of the spectrum ie. one bike does all. Happy 1 x ing!
  3. M

I reckon stuff having a Widget unless you are happy to put around at snail’s pace. I generally run a 35 or 36T on my 1x9 set up. I'd be wary about getting a high mount XCX or MRP for your Trance (dependant on the size ring you plan to use. I couldn't use a high mount front derailleur on my...
  4. M

Your concerns about the GXP with your XCX are warranted. I'd suggest trying a Token R23 Shim for SRAM EX-BB and fit it into a standard Ex-Type Shimano (or similar) BB. The cups are slightly narrower and use the standard 3 spacers; so you can remove all of the spacers to fit your XCX guide. I...
  5. M

Are Race Entries costing too much?

Here here Jess! You've summed it up so well. Any rider who enters a race is a consumer who has made a concious decision to spend their money on a particular event (call it a product/experience/whatever). If people think they're paying too much for products & services at a particular retail...
  6. M

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

I assumed as much. I guess I'll be keeping up the hill work in the training program. The Merida 24hr had laps of approx 14.5kms with only 245m ascent per lap. Canberra sounds more like a course befitting of the World Solo Championships tag, bring it on! Cheers for the speedy reply Russ.
  7. M

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Track length and ascent per lap??? Hey guys & girls, I realise there are plenty of good reasons for CORC not unveiling the specific course for the 24 solo worlds too far prior to the event, but I am curious to know roughly what to expect in terms of: - Approx distance per lap - Ascent...
  8. M

Mt perry cup

There are still mtb races held over the Queen's Birthday weekend every year. June 6,7 & 8, 2009. Races consist of a 6 Hour Enduro for solos, pairs and triples. Also Short Course XC Dirt Crits and a sensational social trail ride, including pub lunch. $10,000 in cash + a whole swag of prizes...
  9. M

Mount Perry Gold Rush MTB Festival - June 6, 7 & 8

ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH TO CONQUER THE MOUNTAIN??? Grindin Gearz Event Promotions is proud to announce: The Mount Perry Gold Rush MTB Festival is happening again in 2009. Where: Wolca Reserve – Mount Perry (100km WSW of Bundaberg, QLD) When: June 6, 7 & 8 2009 - On the Queen’s...
  10. M

RollerCat 3Hr race 19th Oct

I am keen for a slog in the Sunday sun. Any idea of the distance/time for a lap so the out of towners have an idea what to expect.
  11. M

Mount Perry 6 Hour Gold Rush - Sunday June 8

It's on once again. The Mount Perry 6hr Gold Rush MTB Enduro has seen a few changes for 2008. It is all set to take place on Sunday June 8 2008 on the Queen's Bday long weekend. Some great cash and prizes are on offer again this year with the winning solo male, solo female and pairs team...
  12. M

Highland Fling 2006

100miles in 8hrs is a tough ask for most riders. The course would have to be pretty fast, which most of it is or so I'm led to believe. I figure a solid time for 100km is sub 4hrs 30mins. That gives me 3.5 hours to battle the extra 60kms. Still not an easy task that late in a race of this...
  13. M

Drivetrain parts in good condition

Derailleur: http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17124 Have a look through the drivetrain threads on this page you will also notice I have brand new XT shifters as well.
  14. M

rear derallieur, shifter

PM sent. I live locally too, so postage time + costs are zero!
  15. M

Mt Perry 6hr Race

Those of us with a few more years under our belts would all remember the glory days of mountain biking in Qld from Mt Perry Mountain Cup from the mid-late 90's. Well the race is back, in a slightly different format. With the growing popularity of endurance racing, the new organisors are...
  16. M

SE QLD RD #2 - This Sunday!!!

Just a quick reminder to all you gravity inspired folk: The D'Aguilar Range MTB Club host SE QLD DH ROUND #2 this Sunday (30/04/06) The track is located at the very end of Upper Brookfield Rd (no. 1050A), about 15mins drive from Kenmore Village for those planning to head out...
  17. M

carbon giant

I bought the 2005 TCR Composite 2 over 12 months ago and haven't looked back. I too tip the scales at 80+. I upgraded from a 105 Norco CRR 1 alloy bike. I have found the TCR composite to be just as stiff (if not more) under power (climbing/sprinting etc) as the old alloy donkey, but the best...
  18. M

The O/T Giant Anthem thread

Your mum is waiting to tie your laces.... This is a real XC forum. Ride your single speeder to kindy and stop cluttering the big boys' forum. :rolleyes: (Deploy sarcastic grin again)
  19. M

2 x 9 + 1 x granny = NO TICKER! I think the so called 'secret' has been out of the bag for a while now. Only those that already run 2 x 9 really appreciate the difference though, don't we? What is apparent is that "granny ringers" have NO HEARTS and obviously a genetic deficiency as far as leg...
  20. M

You'll be fine on 2 x 9 In an attempt of ultimate weight weeniness, I spent a fortune enlightening my ride. Yes, Extralite were the only company I could find with a 30T chainring. Expect to pay for the privilege. I assumed (bad idea) the XTR cranks were 104mmBCD. My mistake. Of course, Shimano...