Search results

1. R

Serrata track bantry bay

Anyone know much about this serrata track developed in the national park? Me and a few mates located wollongong were thinking of heading up this Sunday for a day trip. Is it worth the 2 hr drive? Will the track be open...
  2. R

Commencal Meta V4 2015 Race

Had my pride and joy stolen (Santa Cruz Heckler) and will be receiving compensation from insurance company. I've decided on a Commencal Meta V4 2015. I live in Wollongong. Was wondering if anyone knows a dealer that could import one of these bad boys. and has anyone had any experience with...
  3. R

Ideas for all mountain bikes

I may or may not be coming into a lump sum of money, ($5k upwards) for an insurance claim, plan on spending it on a real night all mountain bike! Could I get a few suggestions for an all mountain bike, 26"or 650b (please don't advise 29er), with aggressive geometry. I want to be able to get up...
  4. R

Aggressive geometry all-mountain frames

Hey guys, Currently riding a santa cruz heckler (single-pivot). Considering selling to upgrade to a multi-pivot and slightly more aggressive frame. What are some ideas for full bikes around the $2k mark that I should keep an eye out for with a frame more suited to downhill than uphill? Still...
  5. R

Aggressive geometry all-mountain frames

Hey guys, Currently riding a santa cruz heckler (single-pivot). Considering selling to upgrade to a multi-pivot and slightly more aggressive frame. What are some ideas for full bikes around the $2k mark that I should keep an eye out for with a frame more suited to downhill than uphill? Still...
  6. R

Can someone tell me what brand this chain guide is?

Help; found this pic on vitalMTB. Chain guide looks baller, but what brand is it? If anyone knows cheers!
  7. R

10 speed shifter, 9 speed cassette. Help

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my derailleur, currently running 1x9 raced ace narrow wide ring with saint derailleur 2009. Hopefully upgrading to a clutched saint short cage to minimise chain slap. This is the derailleur I plan on buying...
  8. R

Bike racks.

Can anyone recommend a fairly cheap, reliable bike rack that fits to a towball (not straps) that can hold 3 bikes max? Cheers.
  9. R

Shimano XT brakes and chainring bolts.

G'Day guys, Got a few questions regarding Shimano XT brakes. When you are changing the pads, does that require bleeding? And I'm having an issue with the brake setup, when I turn the bike upside down, the brakes no longer work. Then when i turn the bike right way up, after pumping the fluid...
  10. R

advice needed: removing front derailleur and changing from running dual chainring.

Currently running 2 x 9 on a Santa Cruz Heckler. I am not using the lower chainring so my plan is to remove it and just run single with a BB mount guide. However, does me wanting to run single mean ill need to put a whole new chain ring on? Or can I simply remove the small ring and keep the...
  11. R

Changing from dual to single and fitting chain guide

Hey guys, I own a Santa Cruz heckler and want to take off the front derailleur and just run it as a single all mountain rig with a chain guide. Was after advice as to how to go about this change, what chain guide to buy and the fitting of this guide, how to remove the smaller cog on the...