Search results

1. B

Yarra Trails regulars

And could that person also be the 6ft male in a gimp suit that I nearly ran over last Saturday night at 19:30? One of my most memorable YT encounters so far! He was wandering around the boathouse area below the teardrop. Gimp man, if you read this, please add some hi-vis or blinky lights when...
  2. B

WTB - Saint trigger shifter ISPEC

Item: Saint m820 trigger ispec mount Location: VIC 3065 Item Condition: Used or new Reason for selling: Wanted Price and price conditions: depending on condition Extra Info: Have you upgraded your DH rig to 7 speed yet? Now is the time! Who needs ten gears?! After you get that done, sell me...
  3. B

VIC SOLD - 26" tyres

Item: set of four 26 inch tyres as per list below Location: Fitzroy VIC Item Condition: range from new to used Reason for selling: no longer own a 26" wheeled bike Price and price conditions: swap for a six pack! Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 Gravity casing - used, 30% life left (some undercutting of...
  4. B

Bargain buys thread

Brand new purple ano Hope V4 for $170 on gumtree
  5. B

TAS FOUND

I got a set of XT 785's for $100 plus postage came off an XL hardtail so fairly long cables, good condition would also trade for a set of SRAM GXP direct mount cranks (non-boost 170 or 175mm)
  6. B

VIC Found - Hope shimano freehub

Item: Hope shimano freehub for evo 4 hub Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: Depending on condition but its for a single speed project so doesn't have to be perfect Extra Info: Otters have pouches underneath their forelegs. In one of them (usually the left) they like to keep their...
  7. B

Yarra Trails regulars

So Parks (i presume) puts up a big and expensive metal fence to block off the narrow trail along the freeway between the golf course and the bike path. Maybe due to erosion problems, maybe because it's so narrow that sections of the actual golf course fence had been cut out to clear handlebars...
  8. B

29er fork 100/120mm 15mm tapered

Bump - anyone?
  9. B

29er fork 100/120mm 15mm tapered

Due to a catastrophic failure of a set of Fox 32's i'm looking for Item: Tapered 32mm or 34mm 29er fork, 15mm axle, 100 to 120mm travel, not boost Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: Completely depending on the fork Extra Info: Xfusion / Pike / Fox 32 (recent) or Fox 34 all...
  10. B

Are Hip Packs Cool ???

AUS manufacturer skingrowsback just made this available for pre-order https://skingrowsback.com/product/b-double-bum-bag-custom/ Santa, if you are listening, yes please. Now if i could decide on a colour scheme...
  11. B

All Mountain Tyres

I had this happen to an Ardent EXO - was using it on the rear, hopped a curb on my way to the trails. Landed sideways on tarmac and rolled the (tubeless) tyre off the rim. The casing 'split' from the bead. It was like a drawstring in a pair of track pants, couldn't get it straight again...
  12. B

"office friendly" commuting shorts

I've got the Endura Urban shorts - bit too baggy for neat casual still. The Rapha summer ones are great - with a discount code they're more affordable. Also got a pair of SWRVE regular shorts - perfect for casual - and for sale cause they don't fit me. You wouldn't be a size 30 would you? :)
  13. B

VIC WTB brake caliper - XT m785 silver OR saint m820/zee m640

Thx Moorey - a piston would be great!
  14. B

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

In the spirit of #26aintdead - bought this frame off a forum member a few weeks ago and have been happily riding it with 26 inch wheels for the last few weeks. Long and low! Transition Trans AM in XL Xfusion Sweep 27.5 forks DT350 hubs to Syntace W35 rims (29mm internal) Hans Dampf 26*2.35...
  15. B

VIC WTB brake caliper - XT m785 silver OR saint m820/zee m640

Looking for a silver XT M785 caliper to replace one with a busted piston. Would also consider a Saint M820 or Zee M640 caliper (and take a working XT off my other bike) Doing a bleed on a set of used brakes this morning i found out why the front wasn't working - cracked piston :(...
  16. B

VIC [SOLD] On One 456 EVO II - large - $900 ONO

Item: On One 456 EVO II hardtail, steel, 26", complete Location: Fitzroy VIC Item Condition: Frame is a year old, parts are a mix, see below Reason for selling: Bought a Transition Trans AM off rotorburn to get a longer frame Price and price conditions: 900 ONO Extra Info: see story below...
  17. B

[VIC] DT end caps for 142*12

Item: looking for some DT swiss end caps for dt350 rear hub, 142x12 Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: New ones are $50 - hoping to find some spare ones for less Extra Info: have you got a spare pair of these lying around and would you rather own a six pack of beers? send me a pm :)
  18. B

VIC WTB: Dropper post 150mm/30.9

Mine came apart with a large-ish allen key in the bottom. Check you have the new model though (two seat clamp bolts) versus the old (single bolt clamp).
  19. B

VIC WTB: Dropper post 150mm/30.9

Takes 5mins to convert from internal to external. Have been using one for a few weeks now, it's good. Goes up and down reliably. The cartridge is non-serviceable (replaceable though for around $100 iirc) and i think that beats $200 servicing on the old model reverb.
  20. B

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

#26aintdead Built up this On One 456 Evo II over the last couple months. It's quite a fun bike, especially since i added a dropper and the pictured wheelset. 29mm internal plus 2.4" tyre on the front made a massive difference to the ride. Do wish it had a 44mm headtube, it's very hard...