Search results

1. Mossy J Moose

The best tubeless tyre for fast XC?

My favourite tyre of all time was on my Avanti Hurricane back twenty years ago. Town and Country by Continental, whilst it was more slick than fat nobles, those tyres out lasted the bike.
  2. Mossy J Moose

Great Article by the way http://www.mtbiking.com.au/how-to/bike-tech/why-choose-wide-rims
  3. Mossy J Moose

Weighing in at 125kgs plus

As most articles and reviews are written by people in the average weight range (70kgs to 100kgs). I am keen to hear from MTBers in the 120kgs plus range to hear about their bikes and what they have tried on the way to creating their ideal bikes.
  4. Mossy J Moose

Tubeless Day 1 I bought 1 2.35 Maxxis Exo IKON. Got my neighbour from www.crankin.net.au to help with the change over. Awesome seal first time. Did my commute 12kms each way no lose in pressure. Looking forward to Kowen on Sunday 8:30am.
  5. Mossy J Moose

Bontrager - Ön The Rivet in Phillip sells this brand - yer - 30 Guarantee sounds to good to miss
  6. Mossy J Moose

Aint no way I can afford new rims Whilst I would love to buy new wider rims, it aint going to happen. I believe my rims are 19mm (Giant PX-2 29er). I will go to Pushys tomorrow pick something up and get a friend to help with the transition. Does not look to hard....... I hope. Oh and I...
  7. Mossy J Moose

I had my first ride in almost 18 months a couple weeks ago up at Stromlo and pinched the inner tube, and the next ride (yesterday) out at Sparrow Hill did 16km and got another flat. I think it itime to go tubeless. The other problem is that I weigh between 125 and 130kgs. I have heard I may...
  8. Mossy J Moose

Schwalbe Inner Tubes - Going Tubeless at Christmas time so for now the tubes.

As suggested in the subject line, I plan to go tubeless at Christmas time so for now I will put up with tubes. After some research I found that Schwalbe make some of the better inner tubes in the market, so I ordered several from CRC. Now that they have arrived, the box says 28", 29", 27.5"...
  9. Mossy J Moose

As temp reaches zero degrees - I am seeking recommendations for gloves

I use a winter buff to protect my ears and neck, long thermals under my MTB shorts, warm jacket and now just need to find something to protect my fingers and toes. There have been some interesting suggestions here, and given some Canberra mornings can sink to -9 degrees I am going to have to buy...
  10. Mossy J Moose

As temp reaches zero degrees - I am seeking recommendations for gloves

As the temperature nears freezing and soon most mornings will be below, I need to get some better gloves - does anyone have any recommendations?
  11. Mossy J Moose

Hardtail or Dually

I ended up buying the Anthem X1 29er - Love it. apologies for the brevity, this was sent from my Samsung GS4
  12. Mossy J Moose

Hardtail or Dually

I was in a very similar position, given my commuting 20km each way two or three tines a week. My rides up and down Stromlo make it all worth it. apologies for the brevity, this was sent from my Samsung GS4
  13. Mossy J Moose

I am looking to join a MTB crew in Canberra - or get one together.

Good Evening, As the subject suggests I am seeking to join a MTB crew or put one together. Are there any MTBikers new to the sport or people getting back into it keen to meet up for a ride on a Sunday morning (ideally around 7:30am)? In terms of fitness and skill levels - I am working my way...
  14. Mossy J Moose

Glasses sweat

To avoid sweat stinging my eyes I wear head bands by Buff. CRC sells them half the price (yet CRC has 25% the selection to choose from). apologies for the brevity, this was sent from my Samsung GS4
  15. Mossy J Moose

Hey Guys thanks for a great Forum

Loving the Anthem X1 29er. apologies for the brevity, this was sent from my Samsung GS4
  16. Mossy J Moose

Post your 29er!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  17. Mossy J Moose

Stromlo ride tomorrow morning

Any Canberra riders up for a early morning stromlo ride? 6:45am near babies bike path. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  18. Mossy J Moose

Hello all, back after 10years

Welcome back - sounds like a nice ride. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  19. Mossy J Moose

Hardtail or Dually

I bought a dually hoping for versatility, though now after commuting to work each day, I am far to tired on a weekend to hit the mountain. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk