Search results

1. N

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I'm from Melb, and It in no way covers the lights or numberplate. Legally its no probs, its just its ability to take abuse offroad that's the issue.
  2. N

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I took my old hitch mount and bolted it to my canopy, which was designed for the weight of a couple jerry cans and a spare tyre. Fingers crossed its good for my Melb - Adelaide - Perth - Melb trip in a week. I fits my Enduro and the girlfriends bike A-ok, but I've just picked up a carbon...
  3. N

Commencal Meta HT AM Frame questions

Can you get a clear photo?...
  4. N

Minion 2.5 fork clearance ??

I'm running Minion 2.5 in a 29er format on a non boost pike. Zero problems, even with a front guard. Been running it for a couple of years. Edit: On a 29mm internal width rim.
  5. N

Saint Calipers with metal pads - opinions?

'Fo sho go 200 on the front. I'm 100kg before getting dressed and breakfast so thats a fair bit of heft decending at speed on both a HT and the E29. I had Deore and upgraded to Zee brakes with Metal pads. Love them. I couldnt ever ask for more brake.
  6. N

Met parachute

I've got a parachute. I don't wear it a lot, mainly because Its overkill for 90% of my riding. Its fantastic. I find it no hotter than other helmets and I'm a sweaty guy pedaling 100kgs plus the bike up a hill. I run the fat cheek pads still and find the helmet fits me great. -Shaun
  7. N

Project anyone have experiance with Pinon gearboxes / pinon equipped bikes?

Brilliant! Send images when you've got it in your hands.
  8. N

Project anyone have experiance with Pinon gearboxes / pinon equipped bikes?

I also LOVE the idea of a Pinion equipped bike but can't stomach the price for the frames. I haven't ridden with one either. From all reports I've read you get used to it very quickly and don't think about it after a few rides. Any ideas about what your getting built? -Shaun
  9. N

Post your all mountain bike

I'm very jealous of this bike. I was seriously looking at one of these frames also, but can't stomach the price at this stage. Let us know how it goes! -Shaun
  10. N

VIC SOLD: Please Delete:Trading Area Breach - Bap-Baaooowwwwww.

Ah crap. Brain fade. Its been a while since I've posted anything int he sale thread (if ever). I'll fix it up. -Shaun
  11. N

VIC SOLD: Please Delete:Trading Area Breach - Bap-Baaooowwwwww.

ITEM SOLD! Edited due to incorrect original format used. Item: 2013 Fox CDT shock with Vorsprung Corset to suit Specialized Enduro 29 Location: Dandenong Ranges, Victoria or Nunawading. Will post. Item Condition: Good condition. Unit has been dissasembled and cleaned to check condition...
  12. N

Trail Hardtail Advice

No, its not actually. I hadn't considered that. I think with the 142mm rear the chainline might be all screwey. I'll try and grab a pic sometime of the tyre clearance and chain alignment if anyones interested. I've kinda taken over this thread with my own personal shit. I should just start...
  13. N

Trail Hardtail Advice

Yeah, the chain stays bow out massively to make the huge tyre clearance, with a short chain stay length. This comes at the cost of the chain ring size. I've got 10 speed Sunrace 11 - 42 and that's pretty much low enough for almost everything. As for the top end, its a mountain bike. I've got...
  14. N

Trail Hardtail Advice

Just whoring my bike here: 160mm 29er with 2.5 front and 2.3 rear. I've got a fuck load of clearance on the rear and could fit a 2.6 easily... The down side, is that I can only fit a 30 tooth chainring.
  15. N

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Today I replaced the bottom bracket, after the 250Km old one was crunchy in the non drive side. Also replaced the old non clutch XT deraileur with a Zee RD and upgraded the Zee shifter to a Saint, with new cables. Shifting sexy on a quick ride around the backyard. Recently also serviced...
  16. N

Trail Hardtail Advice

Can confirm. I've gone from a 160mm duelly to a 160mm hardtail. The duelly was overkill for 99% of the tracks I do. I loved plowing over anything as fast as humanly capable but as my skill improved I found I could do it with less and less travel. Now I have the same amount of fun and feel...
  17. N

Trail Hardtail Advice

I've got a 160mm 29er hardtail and its a crap loads of fun. I got the frame from On-one in the UK. An option from them might be this: https://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/mountain-bikes/deedar Its about $2k once delivered to Aus, but they have sales all the time. Add a dropper post...
  18. N

Sunrace Cassettes

I know this is an old thread. I've had two of the 10 speed 42 tooth cassettes. First one was the all steel one, it would change gears when pedaled backwards. No amount of adjusting would fix that. It wasn't a major issue though. How often do you really do that anyway? It only lasted...
  19. N

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

I've been using a 2.3 DHR for about 2 years now. I've never got anything like that from a tyre before. Its an excellent tyre and I cant rate it highly enough.
  20. N

Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

The stuff I bought was the Berger in the picture below my original post. I've been driving on it and parking motos since day 1. As of this month is been 12 months and I've had zero lift spots. Even with spilling oils and radiator coolant on there. I'd done a few moto wheel spins and it...