Search results

1. Duane

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Have to sell my car. Getting back into moto.
  2. Duane

Little Things You Love

Don't you dare, I'm thinking of making a comeback... besides it's fun practicing with the kids, well at least while we can keep up. Not counting Felix, no one can keep up with him. Thinking of getting another DH bike but I'm a few years off super masters, I'm too unfit and broken for pedalling...
  3. Duane

Things my partner says

Her...ok I'll meet you at the hospital as usual.
  4. Duane

Latest eMTB tech

There is an E version of the new Norco sight 29er with the slack geo etc about to drop.
  5. Duane

2020 Norco Sight A1 29 Large

That's too easy, I'm such a dumbarse. I was going to try and equally share it into portion sizes. I might just try that, although I find as soon as I upright the bottle the particles don't pour out with the liquid when I have tried to stir and shake the bottle inverted. I'll give it a try though.
  6. Duane

Latest eMTB tech

7. Duane

The race has little fibres of fibregass in it. If it explodes inside your car you know about it for a while...☹ Found out the hard way. I found the fibregass after a while gathered into little marbles and pretty much became useless. But that was left in for a long time. If I was racing and...
  8. Duane

Running a 3C maxxgrip DH Assegai on my alloy front. A 3C maxxterra EXO on my carbon.
  9. Duane

I haven't cut one, but run an insert for rim protection.
  10. Duane

I'm running rear DH Dissector 3C Maxxgrip on my alloy wheels and rear EXO Dissector 3C Maxxterra on my carbons. I love them. Roll better than DHF/R and more grip than Aggressor. The soft 3C maxxgrip in the DH version is too soft though and is chopping out fast. If they do a DH version in...
  11. Duane

Norco Sight VLT - Longish Term Review

Dropping the battery and motor out is a piece if piss. Don't be scared. You can actually flip it and leave the back motor bolts in, just loosen, and it will hinge over enough to get the battery out. The electric cables need a bit of care, particularly when putting it back together. The battery...
  12. Duane

Product Review Nukeproof Horizon Advanced Rim Defence

If it stretches further and the rattle returns I think I will just turf them.
  13. Duane

Samsung fridges. Talk about crap

Mitsubishi heavy industries or Mitsubishi Electric? ;)
  14. Duane

Samsung fridges. Talk about crap

The company I worked for was a warranty agent for LG. They are shit. They only pay minuscule amounts to the contractors, so often you will get dodgy or substandard repairs. We refused to lower our standards and it was not worth doing the work. Example they would only pay 1 hour labour to change...
  15. Duane

VIC Lysterfield trail survey (please help!)

PV negative attitudes are towards unofficial trails, the Warburton project is all new official trails and some reconstruction of old trails so there will be no issues there. Silvan concerns me. Some awesome unofficial stuff there that I'm concerned about.
  16. Duane

Mt Buller shuttle

There were a few doing it on 27/28 Dec. They had no private vehicles to top so they were shuttling to the pub and riding in from Copperhead start. They did it all day. I was on Blue Dirt. Sucks pedalling up that hill down the bottom. I wish BD could do a pickup at the very bottom.
  17. Duane

Falls Creek / Blue Dirt, 2019 & beyond?

Blue Dirt have hire bikes if after a while he hates it.
  18. Duane

When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

At least I can see the advances in geometry, design and function with MTB, now I know there are some advances in drivetrains but why are roadies so expensive? Because like anything, something is only worth what someone will pay for it. Plus more coffee shop kudos for having the latest colour roadie?
  19. Duane

I wasn't made aware until I was told by a committee member after the fact but I could have easily missed it. I am a member of 3 clubs, I didn't renew my LDTR membership and chose to support 3 clubs where I ride or clubs that support gravity racing. My son however still has LDTR with my contact...
  20. Duane

PV are becoming very risk adverse. Any user group that has the potential for major/serious injury is on the nose. The club spent a lot on that study. Hope it pays off or there will be some stupid looking committee members who took it apon themselves to spend the clubs funds on an independent...