Search results

1. B

Trance 29er and Price rises for 2021 bikes

After about a decade away from RB, i am back hoping for some advice. The fill me in on the last 10 years thread was handy! I think it is coming time to replace my old Trance X. Looking at the Trance 29er to ride around Canberra. Stromlo, Majura etc. I liked the idea of the trance 29 2 with...
  2. B

Kids at stromlo crit track

I always thought user conflict at stromlo wouldn come from horse riders and bikes. However in practice this seems to have worked out well. Little kids - think 3-5 - and roadies doing training on the crit track all at same... Well that is a recipe for disaster. I was Around today when there was...
  3. B

29'er fork at mont

If anyone has a 29'er fork (not rigid) for sale in canberra or at the mont, the let me know cause my mate smashed his in the way here.
  4. B

Night ride Easter

Anyone planning on doing a night ride at Ourimbah on Fri 2 April or Sat 3 April? I am an experienced ride who is visiting the area. I have ridden Ourimbah about 3-4 times over the last few years, but I am keen to ride with someone else at night (just in case there is an issue) Brindi
  5. B

Power Beam Halogen Lights with vistalite bits

I picked up an old pair of halogen lights at a garage sale. I only spent $2 on the punt that they might be ok for my commuter bike and that I think they are these 6v powerbeam lights which were sold by Torpedo7. http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/POLIHNNHA My vistalites are 6v too...
  6. B

Purpose of Vistalite Remote Switch

I have a bunch of vistalite stuff, and one piece that I have never used is the remote switch. Picture in the link below. http://www.webersports.com/store/VistaLite-Nightstick-Thumbtack-Remote-Switch-P469C5.aspx I usually run a cable from a battery on my frame to a light on my bars. then...
  7. B

Wed Night Ride - 13 May 09 -Stromlo

G'day all, I am loving the night riding. So, another all-comers ride for about 1.5 hrs is being set up. I am going to do my next night ride on 13 May at Stromlo. When: 8:00pm Where: Gate at the bottom of the Mt Stromlo Rd. which joins onto Cotter Rd. Who: who knows.. I will keep an...
  8. B

Wed night Ride - 29 Apr - Stromlo 8pm

G'day all, I thought I would post another ride up to see who wants to come. I am just a 37yo punter, so it won't be super fast. We should ride for about 1.5 hrs I am going to do my next night ride on 29 Apr at Stromlo. When: 8:00pm Where: Gate at the bottom of the Mt Stromlo Rd. which...
  9. B

Ground Effect - Flash Gordon Jacket

Raining on the way to work, and cursing my crapped out old vaude cycling jacket. I have a waterproof windstopper jacket for the depths of the canberra winter, but would like to get a lighter riding jacket that is waterproof and breathable. Looking at the Ground Effect Flash Gordon? Anyone...
  10. B

Seal Rocks - anywhere to ride

My brother in law just a got a mountain bike and is heading to seal rocks on the NSW central coast. Are there any places to ride XC style trails around there?
  11. B

Words you don't want to hear

"Honey, is your bike supposed to look like that" while driving on the highway at 110kph. My bike had come off the beak style carrier and was swinging in the wind held on by the piece of string that I use to hold the licence plate on. I was amazed that it held on. I never use the extra licence...
  12. B

New Ultegra - media blackout over

It appears that the media blackout on the new ultegra gear has finished. Bikeradar have published an article with a bunch of shots. One thing I noted is that the chainrings on the new ultegra cranks are similar to the mega $ chain rings on the duraace.
  13. B

Access to Canberra National Park

I know there are hard working CORC people who have worked on this issue for a long time, but is there anything that the 'collective' can contribute to this issue. I wrote a letter to Parks, Conservation and Lands in 16 February 2009 requesting access to sustainable multi-use trails within...
  14. B

Regular weekday Night Ride?

G'day folks, just wondering if anyone is up for the idea of a regular Wed night bike ride at Stromlo or Majura during the winter months. I was thinking every second week or something like that. Maybe a start time of 8:30pm?
  15. B

New Jumps at Stromlo

Hey folks. I am not sure how long they have been there but there are some new jumps on the homeview trail at Stromlo. Not sure if that is the right name, but it is the trail from homeview junction (at the bottom of the berm track) to the 4 cross track They are small, easy table top style...
  16. B

Mont 24 - I need a spot too...

I was looking for a spot in the Mont 24hr but forgot that we are visiting Newcastle. sorry for the misinformation
  17. B

Visit to Tassie

G'day, not sure if anyone is out there, but I am visiting Tassie next week and was hoping to hook up with someone to ride some of the trails on Mt Wellington and the Dirt Park. Ok fitness level but really just a punter who rides trails and the odd small jumps etc. I can meet on Wed or Thurs...
  18. B

new groupset for bike

sooooo on my wounded and worn out road bike, I now need: 1 x 10 sp cassette - prob 12-27 - probably ultegra a 10 chain - 105 to dura-ace not not sure - do people think the DA chain is worth it? 39t chain ring - maybe and front right hand shifter (maybe a pair for a good price) - either...
  19. B

Front tire blew on cnr..

and down I went like a sack of spuds. Bit of road rash on arms and legs but OK. Luckily I was going around parliament house and no traffic anywhere around. Both shifters on my road bike look a little bit worse for wear. The silver thing at the top of the lever have both come undone and...
  20. B

Quick decision on wheels

Hi I was going to get CRC to build a rear wheels with XT hub, plain guage spokes and Mavic XC717 (or maybe 819) rims BUT their custom mtb wheel page is still off line. I assume it is related to the flood. It is for my Giant Trance, I wiegh 90kg and mainly to trail riding around Stromlo and...