Search results

1. V

Carbon handlebar/stem/seatpost from ebay?

I think I would trust a light bicycle bar more than a counterfeit bar, at least then it's their own reputation on the line. I'm not sure about the moulded front on those though?
  2. V

Carbon handlebar/stem/seatpost from ebay?

I bought knockoff bars and seatpost to see how bad they could be. The carbon "bontrager" seat post from Aliexpress had an awful clamping mechanism. It would slip (angle) occasionally, and on one occasion the saddle popped off. The diameter was slightly under as well, so wasn't as secure as I'd...
  3. V

New from BNE

They sound perfect. I hadn't heard of those ones before, thanks!
  4. V

XC racing - what gear?

never mind me :whistle:
  5. V

XC racing - what gear?

I dunno, two DNFs cause of a burping ghetto setup (that only burped during races mind you!) has sent me back to tubes till I'm up for a new wheelset and a legit setup
  6. V

Which rear light

I'll back up the exposure lights! I have an older Flare, which has the pulse pattern, and is very bright compact. I think USB charging is the only reason I would get rid of it, so those Trace lights looks good! I'm interested in the knogs too. Super Amart of all places had a twin pack of the...
  7. V

Where are you buying your ESI grips?

+1 for amazon, $US17. Got a raceface narrow wide chainring for US$30 to boot, and that gave me free shipping. What is the price from LBS? My local doesn't stock them and i forget to ask
  8. V

New from BNE

Hey guys, I'm new here from Brisbane. I have cobbled together a GF Superfly, and am looking at getting into some more XC races. I entered a couple of the Yakima races last year, so will probably be around for them again this year! cheers