Search results

1. M

Fork oils is fork oils, ain't they?

I'm starting to think there can't be much oil left in my Fox forks (2008 F-Series RL, open bath), based on the amount I wipe off after every ride. I'm keen to service these myself, but looking for some advice on what slippery fluid to use. I was planning on changing to the 13-803-00-878...
  2. M

XT pedals. Race vs Trail

So I figure it's time to get back into clipless again. I've previously used a set of Speedplay Frogs, which I loved, but my shoes and cleats were stolen from outside a yoga studio. (Surely there's a special kind of karma there?). Since I can buy a set of XT pedals and cleats for about the same...
  3. M

Buy Elixir brake pads Melbourne inner north

Hi guys, I was out at the Youies on Wed night and the front Elixirs were squealing like a pig. I assumed this was the normal Elixir squeal I'd heard speak of, but when I pulled them out just now, there is a good chunk missing out of both pads. Looks like I may have caught a stone in a disk...
  4. M

Make a 10 sp SRAM cassette work with a 9 sp XT derailleur and shifter?

I bought a 2nd hand Kona, which was supposed to have a new 9 sp SRAM cassette on it. It doesn't. It's a 10 sp, with a 9 sp XT derailleur and shifter. A search of the RB forums suggests that I can't make these two (three?) play well together. The cassette looks pretty good. The chainrings...