Search results

1. Dumbellina

Difference between national park and "reserve"

Here is a simple guide: National parks are conservation reserves, along with Regional Parks, State Conservation Areas, Nature Reserves. Gazetted and managed under the National Parks and Wildlife Act by DECCW (National Parks and Wildlife Service). MTB regulated by Plans of Mgt and Cycling...
  2. Dumbellina

NSW IMBA Trail Sustainability Workshop - Sydney April 27-29

Be there to meet Dumbellina in the flesh...
  3. Dumbellina

Capital Punishment is GO

Interesting point. Although I would argue the contrary, it is really just AROC putting names in a hat for the right to pay to enter a race, not win a prize ($ or otherwise) a such...Calling it a lottery, though is rather misleading.
  4. Dumbellina

Chainring compatibility 9sp 10sp

Apparently Campag 11 speed chains need "special" chain breakers...WTF
  5. Dumbellina

Chainring compatibility 9sp 10sp

The rule about changing chains, cassettes etc is not a hard and fast rule - they wear according how much use they have had, the environment they are exposed, the forces they are placed under, the frequency and quality of maintenance. A chain with poor upkeep ridden on wet gritty roads may wear...
  6. Dumbellina

Another what roadie thread

Shop around for a good price and upgrade on the components (especially the dodgy low-end Shimano wheelset) - although the 105 drivetrain works faultlessly (if it lacks the good looks of Ultegra - especially the shifters with the cable coming out the side of the shifter inside of going along the...
  7. Dumbellina

Breaking spokes

The same happened to me with a Shimano R500 wheel - breaking spokes after <500 km of riding. I am now riding $400 Mavic Askium Race - same design as higher end fad wheels for less coin
  8. Dumbellina

Beginning training on the road-where to start

Look a little more to your east for Lidcombe Auburn Cycling Club - http://www.lidcombe-auburn.cc/ - which has bunches (including stupid, fast, wish they were faster, and beginner) doing laps of Sydney Olympic Park - leaving 6 am from the train station. Although Blacktown to SOP for 6 am is...
  9. Dumbellina

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

I love those comments, especially from that toss pot from the US
  10. Dumbellina

Manly Dam single track closed

Was anyone out there riding today? Council have erected signs, but were the rangers out there today issuing warnings, fines, handing out breath-freshing mints?
  11. Dumbellina

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

Was anyone out there riding today? Council have erected signs, but were the rangers out there today issuing warnings, fines, handing out breath-freshing mints?
  12. Dumbellina

Sydney Commute: Greenacre to City

Several routes (from Lakemba) Airport - via a number of roads that parallel the Cooks River Cycleway (not the best commuting route with dogs, pedestrians) to Tempe through park to Qantas Drive cycleway, Coward Street, Bourke Rd, Redfern, City (about 20 km, dead flat, very fast, 42 minutes from...
  13. Dumbellina

XC Six Foot Track Jenolan to Blackheath

The Land Manager says: Can I ride my mountain bike (MTB) on the Track? MTBs are allowed between Jenolan Caves Road and the Coxs River Camp Ground, no restrictions and between the Coxs River Camp Ground and the Megalong Valley Road on a trial basis only. MTBs are not allowed from...
  14. Dumbellina

MTB Road trip!

Moruya Cycles has trail maps for Mogo (though had none when I was there in November). The guys said that the trails will be signposted in the new year. Merimbula has some trails...'tho I rode those a few years ago.
  15. Dumbellina

NSW Trail Maintenance - Royal National Park

Latest email (sorry I forgot to attach the forms to the original post):
  16. Dumbellina

NSW Trail Maintenance - Royal National Park

Hi All, Thanks to everyone who’s shown interest in becoming a part of a volunteer track work team for Royal NP. I’ve done some assessment of the track and noted the areas that need the most attention, mostly fixing up some drainage and erosion issues. Thanks to Ben and Elliot for already...
  17. Dumbellina

Advocacy Alert Council Submission: Would appreciate some Feedback

Nerf I've made several comments to your draft submission (in track changes). My advice and comments may seem heavy-handed and overly negative. I read it as a public servant who reads and prepares many submissions, so it does seem like I am lecturing but I hope that you can translate it...
  18. Dumbellina

Speeding champ drunk in crash: court

Sounds like it was a fun holiday beforehand: "Two women who had been sharing the holiday with Jongewaard ..." whoops I took that out of context.
  19. Dumbellina

Advocacy Alert (Closed) [Questionnaire] Availability of Trails in NSW

While this information is useful for the SGP, it is of little use in advocacy efforts. I don't mean to take away from the merits of the exercise, I think that a bigger sample of all trail users is a better tool for arguing greater access. What do you expect asking a group of MTB'rs whether...
  20. Dumbellina

Why are road riders so different?

'Gonz, were you zoned out and ended up in Goulburn, or intentionally went to Goulburn because you were zoned out? Goulburn is not somewhere to go for the fun of it...