Search results

1. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Cross border rule changes can be a little tricky. I chucked a u turn once in Bathurst when i was bringing the new Alfa home to Canberra from the dealer in Armidale of all places, and quite quickly found myself being pulled over by a fairly enthusiastic patrol car. I learnt that day that NSW...
  2. Haakon

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I do love getting the engineering shop to throw bits through their hot wash. Sure beats stuffing around with degreaser and a toothbrush....
  3. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

yeah, clearly not a regular thing :) But a nice option to have on hand.
  4. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Huh. Yeah, ok that makes sense. Intuitively you just assume poor efficiency from all the energy conversion steps. But generators and motors really are bloody efficient!
  5. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

im sure it would work, but im guessing the fuel burn in the generator for each KM of range added will be pretty horrible!
  6. Haakon

What does your day look like?

is that a skateboard helmet?
  7. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zxf2MgYCOm0?si=lMFJpP-bSzkC1p8V
  8. Haakon

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

Doesnt look much worse than the new Trance X in carbon... Frame designers seemed to have not realised that every new model doesnt need to be different looking just for the sake of being different...
  9. Haakon

You must be new here :) Welcome to the madhouse. Sometimes you may even get useful advice ;)
  10. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Dont worry, that soiled feeling will wash off eventually. If lots of soap doesn't work, try lots of alcohol.
  11. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Tesla I dont think are responding to other EV makers, they can still sell every car they make. From what I've read at least its more about managing demand on the factories. They're running all their factories as hard as they can, but when there are model changeovers etc and having doing refits...
  12. Haakon

Trails around Wagga or Tumbarumba?

I'll bring the Kool Aid.
  13. Haakon

Niggling 'injury' whinge

This is fun - turn up the volume to hear adhesions breaking :)
  14. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

If it really bugs you, there is a company making aftermarket stalks. https://soyacincau.com/2023/11/07/tesla-model-3-signal-gear-stalks-add-on-enhance-automotive/
  15. Haakon

people have been banned around here for less offensive comments than that....
  16. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

People do like to enjoy the tyre shredding torque, so they do tend to eat tyres a lot.
  17. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Sounds like some serious markups on "dealer servicing" at Tesla....
  18. Haakon

The HiFi thread

Ordered a pair of these. I've had a few Fiio products and all have impressed with their sound quality. The noise cancelling on these is not amazing according to reviews, but good for occasional flights - sound quality is the priority for office life...
  19. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Cybertruck.
  20. Haakon

Electric Vehicles etc

Yeah. I guess jsut look at the recent modle 3 update to see what the Y will get