Search results

1. Haakon

Crappy hubs be crappy...

So to keep the spendy vaguely under control when building the Orange, I just got the wheels from them and bought their own brand basic wheels. A no name taiwanese hub. Just put new bearings through the rear hub as the freewheel ones were toast. One out the 4 (!) bearings on the free hub had...
  2. Haakon

Fox Grip damper - rebound knob seized.

Anyone got these little feckers loose…? Got the damper out and made a clamp from pine blocks to hold the shaft, but no joy on getting fhe end piece undone to get into the detent ball etc…
  3. Haakon

STOLEN Orange Stage 6 stolen in Hobart

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/249552154610197/?mibextid=4pD8Ed
  4. Haakon

Recommend me a small cheap security camera

Two weird occurrences in the last few months I cant explain away, and I think id like to have a motion sensor activated little camera that can record onto an SD card discretely tucked away on the back porch. Any hot tips of what's what and what to look for...? This is going to sound completely...
  5. Haakon

Uber bike pads shredding the rotor

Anyone seen this? Literally ripping the rotor apart… Massive grooves, and even tearing off chucks of the rotor surface and embedding it back in resulting in a raised nib that then tears a groove in the pad… Hard to show in a photo, but it’s been galling the surface, leaving it very rough. I...
  6. Haakon

Pressing new bushes into old Marzocchi lowers

Who’s the go to these days? I have the slider bushes for the lowers, just want to send the lowers out to have them pressed in. The roadie is not happy on the commute along the goat tracks that pass for roads in Hobart, am thinking about getting the trusty old Mongoose hardtail back on line as a...
  7. Haakon

The plumbing thread

Plumbers - useful or otherwise advice sought :) Am trying to get the fuckups out of the way before I seal up the wall… I have one fitting on 1/2 copper that will be buried under plasterboard, so I took a length of pipe and a bpress elbow to a friendly plumber who pressed it on. But it’s...
  8. Haakon

Selling property without using an agent

Anyone done it? Would be nice to cut the vultures out of the equation…
  9. Haakon

Any fridgies here? Heat pump brand choice...

Am down to Fujitsu and Mits Heav Ind for a 10kw ducted system. Fujitsu is a bit cheaper and bit more efficient on paper - any reason to not choose over the Mits? Samsung is waaaay cheaper than either but reviews are not promising for reliability. All are R32 systems, and as I'll be fitting ill...
  10. Haakon

Water bottle cage for under the downtube?

Oranges have the bottle slung underneath… Recommendations for a cage that will work upside down and not lose the bottle? The Orange Facebook peeps reckon a fidlock is the go, but 90 bucks feels like a lot for a water bottle…
  11. Haakon

Downtube protection options for an Orange

With the weld seam running the length of the down tube, I'm thinking my usual approach of PPF is not going to stick so well... Any obvious ideas I'm missing? Apart from the naff looking and expensive carbon bolt on guards....
  12. Haakon

Shed workbench designs

Finally time to put in a decent workbench. Cement floor and solid brick wall. Floor a bit uneven, has a raised section of about 30cm from the wall and has a slope, so free standing is not great. So I'm thinking dynabolt some timber to the wall at bench height, dynabolt some raised post mounts...
  13. Haakon

Black mould in camelbak...

Gross... Clearly left it wet after a ride and mouldering on a shelf - clearly not riding enough... Anyway. Soaked in vinegar and detergents, even sprayed with chlorine mould killer which did nothing except give it a tie dye look. Any other hot tips for getting black mould stains out of these...
  14. Haakon

Is this asbestos?

Went to pull up the floor in the dunny, which has a nasty vinyl glued over tiles glued over what looks like low density asbestos sheet… House was built in 1968 but who knows if this is that old. Get the hazmat team in or send it?
  15. Haakon

TAS Brand X stem - bnib

Item: Brand X stem Location: Hobart Item Condition: New Reason for selling: An ordering oopsie… Price and price conditions: Accidentally ordered in last wiggle shipment… $22 on wiggle, $15 posted for anyone that needs a cheap stem…? Extra Info: Pictures:
  16. Haakon

Instantaneous hot water systems

Anyone got any experience with purchasing/fitting them, specifically electric ones? Have an elderly storage tank job thats getting a bit sad and am missing the instant gas system i had in Canberra. Suspect it will want 3 phase power to be decent though...
  17. Haakon

Stanton in administration

https://off.road.cc/content/news/stanton-bikes-goes-into-administration-11263 Looks like you got in just in time @moorey
  18. Haakon

Anyone got a submarine handy…?

Free Treks for the taking! https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2022/11/07/trek-and-bell-sports-sue-over-containers-lost-sea?fbclid=IwAR1lDmLjblb3yjTF_rUpbGNYSui6p8CHDPL3c3ZNv90XubM35myx8LRQssY#.Y2soxT07bDt
  19. Haakon

Online mattress in a box

Anyone tried them, and anyone successfully returned one they didn’t like? Baulking a bit at $2500 for the only one we like in the normal shops with no change of mind option…
  20. Haakon

Mid drive ebike retrofit kits

So Kirsty has taken one look at Hobart’s hills and requested an electric assist conversion on her Soma Mixte frame. Fair enough! There are no real bike paths here either (only downer coming from Canberra) so she will be mixing it with cars and some speed will give her some confidence. Does...