Search results

1. M

Convert XD drive freehub back to standard

Hello. A fellow ROTORBURNER is selling some very nice Specialized Roval Traverse SL Carbon 26 inch wheels with an XD driver on the rear hub. I am wondering if anyone more knowledgable than me can tell me what would be involved in converting back to a standard freehub, where I would buy a...
  2. M

Shimano XT M785 brake problems

I have a set of M785 Xt brakes that I have been using for 3 or 4 years, and have been awesome up until now. Recently the lever feel was very inconsistent and playing around with the reach adjuster would usually make them feel good again. Then they got worse, so I bled them with Shimano mineral...
  3. M

Found Shimano 203mm 6 bolt rotors X 2. Please delete

Item: 2 straight Shimano 203mm brake rotors. I am running 2006 M800 Saint brakes and have been using SM-RT80 centrelock rotors but have had to buy a new wheelset with 6 bolt hubs so need new rotors. Don't necessarily need the latest and greatest ICE TECH rotors, but for a fair price I would be...
  4. M

What tyre pressures for downhill

I have recently bought my first downhill bike and am going to give club racing a go on the weekend to give the bloke who usually comes last a break. I have been running tubeless off road for more than 10 years and run 30 psi to carry my 115 kg of fat. What kind of pressures should I be running...
  5. M

My first downhill bike

Just thought I would post up some pictures of my "new" downhill bike. It is a large 2006 IRONHORSE Sunday Elite. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and it is the first downhill bike I have owned or ridden. It is in pretty much original condition. I have put wide FUNN Fatboy bars on, heavier fork and...
  6. M

Custom oil volume/weight in 2006 Marzocchi 888 RC2X?

G'day. I am putting a set of firm (green) springs in my 2006 Marzocchi 888 RC2X 200mm forks and am going to give it an oil change at the same time. I have the workshop manual for the job and the fork oil volume is specified as 220ml of 7.5 wt oil in each leg. Was wondering if anyone has...
  7. M

Correct seat height for DH bike?

Hi. I know how to set the seat height on a bike that needs to be pedalled efficiently, eg on an XC bike, but how do you set the correct seat height on a DH bike? Thanks Lee
  8. M

Which bike for tall fat downhill newbie

G'day. This is my first post here so be kind. I am an experienced All Mountain/XC rider but want to get into Downhilling for fun and to improve my skills. I would also like to race at club level when I get good enough. I currently ride a 2012 Specialized Enduro size XL with 160mm travel and...