Search results

1. Markee

Who's running Coil over Air?

I ran a Lyrik 150-180mm dual position on my Nomad3 with a Vivid Air and swapped to a Push ElevenSix and it was night and day difference. With such a massive improvement on the rear the front Lyrik was so underwhelming I changed to a 170mm Fox HSC/LSC 36 and have not had a better handling bike...
  2. Markee

Santa Cruz Nomad v3 best shock?

Push ElevenSix is probably the best coil hands down for the Nomad V3 but for air I would be getting a Fox X2 with a climb switch.
  3. Markee

Maydena Bike Park

This needs it own thread. Please share loads. Calling out Dunndog who's there for opening weekend festivities. How was it mate?? Anyone else booked for the coming weeks already? I'm heading there for a ride day on Feb 25th.
  4. Markee

What carbon rims would you build with cushcore

Why not Zelvy? They have a brilliant crash replacement program, that I've used twice now, haha and am now using Cush Core inserts front and rear. Dropped pressures down from 28 rear and 23 front pre Cush Core to 23 rear and 18 front. Grip level difference is amazing. Have not noticed the...
  5. Markee

Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

I predict I'll be down there permanently before we see out 2018. Spent 3 weeks there again over xmas with the family and the more I go the more I love the place. Melburn is just getting too hectic.
  6. Markee

Product Review Huck Norris anti flat tubeless protection

I’ll second Zaf’s comments re installation. It’s easy as and the instructional video they have on their website gives you all the exact techniques. Yes they are expensive but so are carbon rims. The ability to also run much lower pressures won it for me, hands down.
  7. Markee

Product Review Huck Norris anti flat tubeless protection

My review will be simple. My Huck Norris is for sale as it did not save my rear carbon wheel. $30 plus shipping and it’s yours. I’m now using Cush Core front and rear and have dropped my pressures down to 16-18fr and 22-24rr and the grip level is 1000x better than before running HN 28 rear and...
  8. Markee

TRP Quadiem brake experiences.

I’m one of those mates with TRP G Spec Quadiem I came from Shimano Zee and the improvement is night and day. I also come from a moto background and they feel extremely similar to the better brakes I’ve run on my motos. This is obviously due to the fact Aaron Gwin has a hand in the design and...
  9. Markee

Crit race - is there a strategy

Elbows out and use your head where necessary in the sprint! Haha But in all seriousness have fun and be careful of the wheel chop. C and D Grade are notoriously bad for this as people’s skills aren’t great although their fitness may be. Those same people are the ones who don’t pull a turn on...
  10. Markee

Hows tassie in the last 12 months

Sweet. Send me a PM if you are there on Saturday arvo and I’ll come back over from the Blue Tier Shuttle and do a lap or two with you.
  11. Markee

Hows tassie in the last 12 months

Anyone riding Derby 22nd and 23rd Dec? I’m booked for Black Stump shuttles 22nd and 11am Blue Tier shuttle in 23rd. Looking to fill in time between with a scoot down Trouty and maybe some others if time allows.
  12. Markee

VIC Yakima Front Loader roof racks SOLD

***sold***
  13. Markee

VIC Yakima Front Loader roof racks SOLD

Item: Yakima Front Loader roof racks Location: South Yarra VIC Item Condition: Used in great condition, perfect working order Reason for selling: No longer needed Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: I bought these back in March 17 as I needed to get some bikes to Tassie for the EWS on...
  14. Markee

(Vic) Red Hill Gravity Enduro

Any chance of the new Stage Two video for those of us that can't make it down for some practice Ducky?
  15. Markee

Custom moulded ear plugs - Anyone use them?

I use a set of Earmold Australia ear plugs as any thing else just hurts and wearing ear muffs over safety glasses gave me headaches after a days work. Best $75 I've spent on work safety gear and when I want to completely zone out from annoying co workers I chuck my earmuffs over the top for...
  16. Markee

Black Hill, Ballarat...

Even more reason for wanting to head back there once the weather gets better. I also just got a dirt jumper for Father's Day. That pink bike vid is awesome.
  17. Markee

Black Hill, Ballarat...

When I rode it a month ago there was a guy on a hardtail/dirt jumper doing the same line as me. So I'd say both for sure. This was not on Open Cut which is predominantly a DH style trail. I believe the jump line is on Alluvial.
  18. Markee

RockShox Lyrik 180-150mm RCT3 Dual Position Air 2016 27.5 15x100 ***SOLD***

Item: RockShox Lyrik 180-150mm RCT3 Dual Position Air 2016 27.5 15x100 Location: South Yarra VIC Item Condition: Used but it great condition Reason for selling: Fox36 Price and price conditions: $OLD Extra Info: Just had lower leg service with new dust wipers installed. Bought from the...