Search results

1. Benny Storer

The Green Rocketship

The -2 makes HEAPS of difference, immediately noticeable. I'm mostly hitting stupid steep and rough trails (ever ridden the Cascade Trails in South Hobart?) and the slacker head angle helps with confidence descending. Took it from 69 to 67 degrees. I'm glad I made the change.
  2. Benny Storer

The Green Rocketship

The Solaris told me it never liked XC anyway.. :p
  3. Benny Storer

The Single Speed Thread

My little hooligan XC whip.. ....an old Cotic Simple. 26" hoops, Thomson ti bar, Hettly ti post, and a mad Fox Terralogic X 80mm fork. Fun, slightly loose and it is important to remember the fork is basically rigid.
  4. Benny Storer

The Green Rocketship

Slider Phil's old 'Green Rocketship' lives on in Taswegia where it is regularly thrown down Maydena with reckless abandon. Pikes, Minions, -2 degree headset and big brakes. No longer a weight weenies whip. Sorry to be beating the Solaris to death Phil, ...but it deserves it.
  5. Benny Storer

Sold Thomson Elite 30.9 seatpost - 300mm long

I'll shoot you a PM now..
  6. Benny Storer

Post Your XC Machine

Still an absolute banger! Love it!
  7. Benny Storer

TAS Cotic Roadrat or Cotic Escapade

BUMP! Still want!
  8. Benny Storer

TAS Cotic Roadrat or Cotic Escapade

Item: Cotic Roadrat / Cotic Escapade Location: I'm in Hobart, I'll pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to $500 for the right frame Extra Info: Looking for either a size medium or large.
  9. Benny Storer

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

...and today is my day off.. will give it a ride today. Have to earn my elevation though, interested to see how this ship climbs..
  10. Benny Storer

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Here is my 2018 Cotic BFe26. Still a work in progress. At this stage I'm running a Pike 160mm fork, a OneUp 170mm dropper, some Hope 180mm rotors but waiting on some V2 stoppers.. Haven't given a solid shake in anger yet..
  11. Benny Storer

VIC Sold Wheelset: Hope Pro 2 with Stans ZTR Arch 26". Sold

Split? I'm after a front wheel..
  12. Benny Storer

VIC Hope tech v2 Ltd edition brakeset photos added sold

Still got these mate? PM'ed
  13. Benny Storer

VIC Sold

Sold? ...or still for sale?
  14. Benny Storer

Kona - steel - experience? And fat roadies??

Owned a Kona Honky for a few years. Loved it. Rode it shod with 28s on EVERYTHING. Only one reason I flipped it, side pull brakes. Used to get arm pump on steep downhills and in rough terrain. Bought a disk braked roadie to replace it.
  15. Benny Storer

The Single Speed Thread

Melrose! I'm getting excited for Melrose (ASSN17) and it's still months away!
  16. Benny Storer

Who uses rigid forks and what type

White Brothers Rock Solid 445s. Love them for exactly the type of riding you are describing.
  17. Benny Storer

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

The 'Cycling the Bush' book is pretty out of date. Most of the dirt roads are current or former Forestry Tasmania roads.. they change like the wind, bits added, bits in disrepair. Take a long hard look at LIST Map https://www.thelist.tas.gov.au/app/content/home and eyeball routes on there. Use...
  18. Benny Storer

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Me. What did you want to know?