Search results

1. slider_phil

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

3 weeks back on the bike and now the first race ticked off for 2024. Woodend is always a good time, love the natural trails out there. Those switchbacks towards the end can eat it though. Did it alongside the wife for the first lap then had a dip on the second lap to see if I could wake up the...
  2. slider_phil

XC Fairlight has arrived....

Nostradamus over here after the latest post. In all seriousness, all the best with a quick recovery.
  3. slider_phil

Newly Released Bikes General

Not wrong, could get this and swap over my drivetrain, wheels and fork and it would have to be a 10kg weapon for decent coin...
  4. slider_phil

Newly Released Bikes General

Might be some good bargains on the old Epic Evo which looked about as perfect as a bike for me before the new one came out. No Brain, 120mm suspension, super light, efficient and decent geo.
  5. slider_phil

Turning into a dream build!
  6. slider_phil

Eating less f*cking food

It's such a balance hey! Not enough protein and your kind of doing the work for nothing because you don't get that super compensation. Not enough carbs and you're making it feel harder than it needs to be. I'm trying to keep my protein intake around 1.6g per kg of body weight, and fat around 1g...
  7. slider_phil

Confessions from the fuckwits

Done that with helmets once upon a time. Wife was not impressed.
  8. slider_phil

Eating less f*cking food

Well, its still early days but a positive 2 weeks since I got back on the horse. The first week I was suffering for the old "sore ass" syndrome that I don't think I've had the displeasure of experiencing since I got back into cycling 10-12 years ago. Really reminded me how hard it can be for...
  9. slider_phil

Rock n roll lube, what's better

Might have to look into a waxing station I reckon. I'd be lucky to get 100kms before a re-lube with RnR Gold. And with 5 bikes in regular rotation with my wife, son and myself the lube seems to go quickly. 3 to 400kms on a waxed chain sounds nice.
  10. slider_phil

Holt? Keen to see this one
  11. slider_phil

On that topic, anyone here go down the chain waxing route? I mean the whole soaking them in the crock pot style of chain waxing. Supposed to stay clean and quiet for ages. But price of entry seems high, you almost want to start with two chains so you have a changeover for when you are re-doing...
  12. slider_phil

Last year I did the 50km MTB and followed up with the 50km gravel the next day. The 100km MTB is nice to tick off a list, but the 50km MTB is a decent course. Gravel course was pretty good, 30km of climbing followed by 20km on descending (mosty)
  13. slider_phil

Eating less f*cking food

Yeah not Chad haha. I tapered off the TR podcast not long after his departure. Was starting to be the same recycled topics over and over again to be honest. Used to love when the 3 amigos decieded they were doing an event (whether it was a mtb stage race or a TT, didn't matter) and hearing their...
  14. slider_phil

Eating less f*cking food

Well, I'm inspired fellas. I haven't been around these parts in a couple of years. I used to be a "train 5 days a week" kinda guy. Used to eat like it too, but I was 71kg and used to burn those calories training plus working a pretty demanding diesel mechanics job. Fast forward to the start of...
  15. slider_phil

I've got a couple of bottles of that Silca stuff. Is supposed to save a bunch of watts yadda yadda. Would always return from a ride with the dirtiest chain. I keep coming back to RnR Gold, just seems to work best for my dusty environments.
  16. slider_phil

Awesome! I was at the Otway's again for this years Odyssey and due to a lot of factors, it was the first one I haven't ridden myself in years. Fomo was hitting me HARD. Wife did the 50 and my son the 10. But, your young fella and mine must have been riding close to each other. Same boat, I cant...
  17. slider_phil

Long course. It was more of a fun event, but we used it to try out some nutrition strategies for her to see how she went with a 3hr ride. Only frustrating part was the walk back around on the second lap due to the blowout, everything else went great. Well, other than the chain, but it held on
  18. slider_phil

Went across to support the wife at the Bendigo 3hr women's event. Managed a front wheel flat on the second lap Dropper started not going up on its own Chain end plate cracked and somehow didn't come off Of course idiot me bought everything to rebuild the entire bike except for a spare chain...
  19. slider_phil

I'm still a core MTBer. I've been seeing a ton of events doing MTB on the Saturday and gravel on the Sunday. Felt like a good idea to make the most of weekend's away being able to do both. Won't lie though, it's been pretty fun on the local trails, but that's coming from someone who also has a...
  20. slider_phil

Good spot, have gone up 10 or so degrees and I'll give that a shot. New Maxxis Ramblers turned up today too. Shout out to the posties working on weekends. Looks a ton better with black sidewalls (imo)