Search results

1. L

small investment ideas, conventional or other ideas

Hi guys, been lucky enough to have 50 G come my way, after buying a car and a couple of dream bikes (old crap to most)I will have around 40 g left. I am after a few ideas about what people think may be the go, I am not adverse to risk and obviously a lot will say shares" blah blah " but I am...
  2. L

NSW huge old school dual / triple clamp fork x 2

Item : hard looking old dh fork x 2 Location : between bris to Syd but will pay sensible post from elsewhere Price : $200 give or take, would pay more for something supercool and huge Other info : must work, no twisted/ cracked forks, the bigger the better. Should have the loot within 7 days...
  3. L

NSW Found

Item : pre 2003 frames that look cool/hard Location : anywhere between bris and Syd, more than willing to pay sensible post cost from elsewhere Price : $200 give or take, would pay more for something supercool Other info : must have working shock, not bent or phuckt, if it needs new...
  4. L

Jonah lomu. R.I.P

The great Aussie crusher is dead, sad even to me who rarely watched rugger
  5. L

Swing arm removal giant ac

Hi guys, am trying to remove the rear end of an old giant. Is there some trick to removing a pivot bolt, the fucker just keeps spinning. I have pulled apart duallies before and have not had this prob. Any help would be great as I need to get this sucker posted to it's new owner
  6. L

Rooted pajero carby 1988,

Hi guys, another car question for you. Just took the old pajero in for repairs and have been quoted $1000 to fix/replace the carby, seems pretty expensive imo, does that sound right or am I a special customer/ " fuckwit". After borrowing a acetylene torch to fix my radiator(I did it, yay) I was...
  7. L

Is a container / granny flat eligible for first home owners grant ?

Hi guys, have been giving some thought to buying a bit of land in a parish ( council ) auction. I was wondering if granny flats and container homes would qualify for fhog. Do any of you know what actually qualifys as a new residential dwelling. Hoping I can build a house for next to nothing...
  8. L

NSW sold

ITEM: rm7 fr, I assume around 03 LOCATION: lismore, nsw, 2480 PRICE: $400, now has blown shock thus the price drop,offers are all good, will post at your cost. OTHER INFO: seems to run ok, rear brake rooted. Has 7" of rear travel. This seems to be super large, I'm around 6 foot and its...
  9. L

Running a car with slow leaking radiator

Hi guys, I have a slow leak in my pajero radiator when under pressure right at the top( the crap for stopping leaks does not work). I have no loot to replace it until Friday, just wondering if the old loose cap is feasible to keep me going. I have a soldering iron so I could attempt to fix as...
  10. L

Domestic violence, what would you do

Just went to the shop and saw a bit of a barney going on, fair enough just an argument between a couple. Fast forward 5 minutes and I walk out to see old matey dragging the missus around by the hair, yep time to intervene, words and threats are exchanged but commonsense prevailed and old matey...
  11. L

Easy oil change of 01 super t pro ?

Hi guys, just purchased a spare bike whilst my pro deluxe is being butchered, it says super t pro on the back of fork but looks pretty skinny. First up, is this really a super t ? Second up, is there some easy easy way to change the oil without risking seals and such ( due to age). I have no...
  12. L

Samsung S4, SD storage problems

Hi guys, having dramas getting a S4 phone to automatically store on the SD card instead of device. I have tried the settings and a couple of internet guru fixes but no joy. I have no computer access to download my music_/movies to. Is there some backdoor way to get this fooker to work. Cheers...
  13. L

Trying to rebuild pro deluxe, around 03 model

Hi there guys, I am attempting to rebuild a rs pro deluxe, I have done a bit of research online but have no ability to download PDFs to a readable script. I have a lot of confidence in the info you blokes give so here goes. I have pulled the piggyback cylinder off to check nitrogen bladder...
  14. L

QLD found, sold sort of

Item : any old working dh bike or frame, if frame only 135mm Price : 250 for bike or neg for frame Cond : any old banger will do as long as it has at least 6 inches in rear. Other info : need for week end, can get as far as coffs or bris area. Frame/fork would be OK but if 20mm or 15mm...
  15. L

found , sold

Item : adapter for monster t fork Cond : usable Price : no idea but be sensible Further info : normal adapter leaves to much space for the caliper to mount over the rotor. Will pay post
  16. L

QLD 20mm wheel - bris or goldy

Item : front wheel, 20mm hub Cond: must be usable Cost : 50ish More info : prefer bris or Goldy for pick up this Sunday. Must be disc capable
  17. L

late 90's cannondale headtube size, 1 1/8 ?

Well here I am again begging for information. I have located a very cheap 98 cannondale v 4-500 dually frame (read free except post) that I had intended to put my headshock on but have checked around on the net and now have been led to believe these old dales have a standard size steerer. Who...
  18. L

headshock mating to 1.5 headtube

Hi guys, had a deal fall through on my head shock and have decided to make a freak bike. Curious if all I need is a 1.5 headtube for it to slot in or is there liable to be any other issues to contend with, cheers limey
  19. L

NSW I/H porter or similar, DJ/freeride H/T with 1.5

Item: iron horse porter Price: nothing ridiculous and please include postage cost. Can get as far as brizzy, I am in Pottsville Cond: visually does not matter but no stripped threads Extra info: must have 1.5 headtube so I can start a weird project
  20. L

DT swiss Hugo fr + 10 cog ?

Hi guys, seeking a bit of info about an older type of wheel. Wondering if a ten cog cassette would fit an older wheel, are all cassettes the same width with thinner cogs and gaps or are the freewheely things wider to suit this. Hope this makes sense, cheers limey