Search results

1. B

Help me build a bike toolset list

My 2c against the grain, buy a cheap set. It will get you started quickly and cheaply and you can expand from there. I still have and use a lot of my tools from my cheap Chinese SuberB set I bought 12 years ago when I started to wrench my own stuff. Replace tools that you use a lot and wear with...
  2. B

Jerseys and shorts for "Plus" sized riders

They have a size chart on their website that wasn’t on the site I got them from. I also found charts on other pages that don’t match the one on Endura’s own site. They fit very true to that chart I find. I’m a 42-44” waist, depending on how casual I am with eating, which puts me in their 3XL...
  3. B

Jerseys and shorts for "Plus" sized riders

How long ago did they change? I have a couple of Royal short sleeves from maybe 2 years ago and they fit nicely. This is sad news On the subject of shorts, my last purchase was a couple of pairs of Endura Humvee shorts. They’re nice, but the jury is out just yet on longevity. They’re much...
  4. B

Basic tool kit for fettling newbie

Pretty much this. Unless you already have them, the cone spanners are near useless. I still have cone bearings on 2 sets of track wheels but I've only had to service once in 12 years. A good set of smaller spanners, allen keys, torx keys and screwdrivers will get you out of a lot of situations...
  5. B

A Long Pole

Worth pointing out to Leo if you didn't already that the price will be fairly high if he fucks up his decision re your frame. Seeing as how yours would be one of the first warranty knock backs under his new world order and you're one of "those people" who are fairly vocal across social media, if...
  6. B

A Long Pole

IMO Leo needs to just step back and be a silent owner, but I know he likes to get his hands dirty. I watched the whole Stamina debacle unfold as I was super happy with my Taival. Plus there's not many factory options out there for a big bopper like me. To me it looks like they just rushed in...
  7. B

Newly Released Bikes General

Been contemplating an ST for a while now, but hesitant at the nightmare of getting the parts to build it ATM, particularly the drivetrain. Me likey the gearboxes too. This could be a clincher. Need to save up a wee bit more though
  8. B

Mtb gym routine

Chasing some sort of sport specific workout is a red herring. Get strong in the gym, use your sport to tailor your strength for your sport. A workout like @HamboCairns will work well. I personally do a 2 day split with legs/back/chest day 1 and arms and shoulders day 2. That allows me to workout...
  9. B

Knowledge on Current TV’s

Same here. Been wanting a bigger TV but the 50” Panasonic just keeps chugging along. The chromecast keeps it relevant. If we go bigger, I want it to be an actual upgrade and the Panny plasma displays were so good that you even now have to go high end to see an improvement apparently. Whirlpool...
  10. B

Chromag Scarab and other large pedals

Size 13US hoof here. I started off on flats with VP Harriers. They’ve been recalled in the US but no action here. I grabbed a set of large CB Stamp 1s while waiting for a set of Stamp 7s to arrive. I’m still using the 1s and am pleasantly surprised by them. There’s many stories of the CB axles...
  11. B

Tallest MTB rider in the world

Might need a bigger car :oops: Dirty Sixer 36" HT would be a nice addition to my stable
  12. B

Sold BNIB DVO Diamond Non Boost Black

Amended sorry. Single 29er fork so 51mm offset
  13. B

150mm for 29er Comes with 2 x 10mm travel reducers and a guard
  14. B

Item: DVO Diamond non boost fork Location: Goulburn NSW Item Condition: Band new never mounted to a bike. Steerer uncut Reason for selling: Build changed direction to boost so no longer needed Price and price conditions: $850 shipped Extra Info:
  15. B

Confessions from the fuckwits

Correct. 29er is 130-150mm. 2 travel reducers in the box
  16. B

Confessions from the fuckwits

I think this belongs here. Ordered my Pole Taival frame a while ago now. Missed out on the first frame batch so had to wait for the second batch......so it's been a while. So once I pulled the trigger on the frame I started picking up the bits. I ordered a DVO Diamond fork for it. Now somewhere...
  17. B

New wheel size on the Horizon. (club 36)

They’ve been around for a long time now. 36er unicycles provided a source for wheel bits. Dirty Sixer has been pioneering developments for the tall units for more standard bits like hubs and the MRP forks. At 6’5” long legs and arms I thought this was my destiny to solve “standard” bike issues...
  18. B

Bargain buys thread

Pushys Fyshwick carpark sale - anyone been? Is it worth a visit? Was headed to Canberra tomorrow and wondered if it’s worth shooting over for a look
  19. B

Giro Riddance Flats.

I read the fit was narrow. My foot is kind of semi wide. Narrow shoes are too tight and proper wide gives me movement that I don’t like. The Giros are a spot on fit for me being somewhere in between proper narrow and wide shoes.
  20. B

Giro Riddance Flats.

I've just received my pair. I took a gamble after reading some less than appealing reviews of the 510 VXIs I had my eyes on, and few but good reviews of the Giros. I'll see how they go, but they're my first flat shoes after having ridden clipless.