Search results

1. C

Jersey Sizing/recommendations

Hey Guys, Can anyone please offer advice on a decent alternative to TLD Ruckus jersey? I'm 100cm chest and for several years the Ruckus size M fitted perfectly. THen all of a sudden their size changed and M was too small so had to go to a large. A few years in size L and then my latest order...
  2. C

All the Covid bike purchases flooding the market?

Hard to sell anything at present. My wife has a specialized stumpy FSR carbon for sale ad only had stupid offers. It's a few years old but in great Cond and well priced but nothing! I can see more brands going the way of Canyon and YT in the near future. I can't see how Trek, Specialized etc can...
  3. C

Advice for a flat pedal newb

I had similar issues when I started with flats but would never go back. It’s probably all been said; however the main things are to keep your heels dropped through any rough bits, ride mid sole instead ball if foot over spindle. Whenever the terrain points down, drop your saddle, and consciously...
  4. C

Canyon Spectral - creaking headset

I haven’t heard of these issues. Is it s specific frame, or across the range?
  5. C

I don’t think I posted an update to the original issue and can’t be bothered reading the whole thread. Initially the customer service person I had contact with denied any issues and would not reply to further correspondence. Eventually I got hold of another person who knew exactly what the issue...
  6. C

We have some progress. Tbh, the first point of contact couldn’t be less helpful and denued any known issue. After 10 days trying to get a response I had a guy named Daryl reply. Within 3 or 4 messages he said he knew yhe problem and it wasn’t the plastic spacers but the compression ring. I’d...
  7. C

Thanks for all your replies. I know many of you mean well. I won’t comment any further as I’ve humiliated myself enough.
  8. C

I appreciate that; however as has been noted by others is the damage being caused to the steerer tube maybe due to issues accentuated by plastic spacers but not necesarily caused by them. I don't want to change things without acknowledgment by Canyon incase it doesn't fix the issue.
  9. C

assumptions! Considering you can only contact them via message and correspondence has been polite. I'm open to suggestions from the genius pool of Rotorburn!
  10. C

You're full of assumptions. I don't care if others agree, are sympathetic or think I'm wrong. I just wanted to see if others have had the issue and what Canyon did to fix it. Fair trading won't care about anyone else's issues. their only concern is whether or not a product is fit for purpose.
  11. C

I’n pursuing the latter option. The whole thing has left a bitter taste
  12. C

Why is it strange that they should have to fix a known issue? They’re only hurting themselves. I have s valid case and if they choose to ignore it, fair trading, and the credit card provider will force them to either fix it or refund me.
  13. C

I’ve done that
  14. C

Do you think it’s acceptable to sell bikes with a known issue and expext the buyer to fix it. As I said, I have another bike to ride, and on principle I’ll wait till Canyon stop ducking and weaving and fix the issue.
  15. C

That’s all fine but it doesn’t help the next unsuspecting buyer that has to go through the same hassle. It’s a design fault they need to fix! really, I don’t give a fuck! I have another bike to ride and on principle I’ll keep pushing till they get off their arses, stop telling lies that they’ve...
  16. C

Feel better now? Rather than read one one or 2 comments, get the full picture before replying. As was mentioned a few pists back, the plastic spacers are allowing the steerer to move around and is causing danage!
  17. C

Over a week now and they haven’t even looked at the issue! I have a bike that’s unrideable through no fault of my own. Not exactly what I would call great service.
  18. C

the main thing is the top cap torque is enough to take out any play. 9Nm for the stem bolts seems high but, if that's what they recommend. if it's only 8, it normally wouldn't make any difference! What pisses me off is their denial when it's a well documented issue!
  19. C

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/canyon-spectral-29-the-tale-of-creaks-and-squeaks.1193812/ Here's a few to start with
  20. C

There are several threads on other forums with the same issue. Canyon are well aware of the issue. I’ve bben chasing Canyon for over a week. Yhey said they would get to it Monday or Tuesday so i contacted them today and were told they are so busy and haven’t had a chance to look at the video...