Search results

1. A

Videos and pix of The Mont

Please pass the word to our widespread visitors. There are four videos and 164 photos of this weekend's Mont 24-Hour on http://sparrowhill.info. Great weekend.
  2. A

Capital Punishment 100km

There are three videos and more than 200 still pix of the Kowen East and Sparrow Hill phases of Saturday's Capital Punishment 100km on http://sparrowhill.info. Enjoy.
  3. A

If you want to Ride Kowen/Sparrow now is the time

Sparrow Hill response Dear Friends of Sparrow Hill ACT Sport and Recreation Minister Shane Rattenbury has formally responded to the request that he lobby the ACT Government to redesignate Sparrow Hill recreational, to extend the life of the mountain bike tracks and the trees on which they...
  4. A

Update for friends of sparrow hill Thanks to the many friends of Sparrow Hill who have agreed it is worth a shot trying to have Sparrow declared a recreational area, saving the trees and mountain bike tracks for an extended period. The state of things right now: A senior Forestry official has...
  5. A

Dear fellow mountain bike nuts and Sparrow Hill fans. The good news is always that your back tyre hasn’t gone flat overnight after your last ride. The bad news is that time is nearly up for Sparrow. We’ve always dreaded the thought that one day the harvesting machines will thunder into Kowen...
  6. A

Sparrow Hill

Yeh, Robbie, hitting the dirt on the town side of Kowen and finding your way out to Sparrow would be pretty epic on its own, and good luck to you :) But I still wouldn't put a bike on the Kings Highway, mate. I agree, that see-saw was a beauty, and I have an application in to Forestry for...
  7. A

Sparrow Hill

Thanks Slippy. We'll have a look at that.
  8. A

Sparrow Hill

I've been building Sparrow Hill's tracks for 10 years, and for years people have been asking me "where can I find maps". And for years the answer has been "nowhere", even though well-known club websites claimed to have maps, but just showed you how to get out there, or presented scruffy, awful...