Search results

1. alrsv1

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

My better half is Chilena, and yes it was a real eye opener going there and realising that otherwise sane, reasonable people thought he was the shit, and most of the people that disappeared went on 'holiday', really. How much of that was that they actually believed it or just had to tell...
  2. alrsv1

The Tyre Pressure Thread

Pivot Mach 5.5 with 140 travel rear, 160 front 2.6 width tyres on 30mm rims and 73Kg rider, Minion front, Forekaster rear. Was running around 18/20 but after doing a cornering clinic recently started trying around 24/26 and working on technique to find grip rather that relying on the tyre as...
  3. alrsv1

MotoGP 2019

Ace, it was like he sold him the dummy by trying to go around the outside on the penultimate lap, then went inside on the last. Either way it was great. I felt the early incident robbed us of a better race, but that last corner made up for it.
  4. alrsv1

The pet thread, post em up!

Paco turned 5.
  5. alrsv1

The Rotorua Questions Thread

Thanks frenchman, appreciate the advice. We'd already sorted accommodation right outside Woodhill so kinnda had to ride it. Having no point of reference it was still pretty decent and we still rode enough good trails to enjoy it, and it was still better than being at work. :) Having now rode...
  6. alrsv1

The Rotorua Questions Thread

Heading there next week for week. Intending to do 1 day at Woodhill, then a few days at Rotarua and then 1 day at 440. Never been to the North island before. Did Queenstown last year which was pretty great. So looking forward to it. Some great info on here, thanks. My mate booked accommodation...
  7. alrsv1

The last movie you've last watched last

Speaking of Stop At Noting (the Lance Armstrong story), if you haven't seen Slaying The Badger, I highly recommend it. Its the story of the rivalry between Greg Lemond and Bernard Hinault and finishes off where the Lance doco starts, and briefly touches on the subject. so it's a great binge to...
  8. alrsv1

What are you listening to NOW?

Johnny Marr and his band playing New Town Velocity and How Soon is Now at KCRW.
  9. alrsv1

Post your Roadie

My commuter, '97 Ritchey Road Logic with flat bars. It's since been converted to a 1x10 and is quite rapid. IMAG1513 by Al Paterson, on Flickr IMAG1515 by Al Paterson, on Flickr And my road bike (doesn't get out much thanks to the Ritchey and my MTB), a '98 Frezoni, made in Brisbane by Joe...
  10. alrsv1

Question: What sound will bring your dog running faster than anything else? For mine it would be either: Opening the door of the tumble dryer (as he knows hot washing is coming out and there is nothing better to lie in) or Peeling back the lid of a yogurt pot (there is no possible...
  11. alrsv1

Bit chilly this morning, so he has his hoody on... IMAG0001 by Al Paterson, on Flickr IMAG0006 by Al Paterson, on Flickr
  12. alrsv1

I like that. See also, chewing your pockets from the inside to get to treat remnants, creating a secret stash under the bed of odd socks pants and hairbrushes and diving into the hot washing that has just come out of the tumble-dryer. Or is that just mine?
  13. alrsv1

He's cute, I'll give him that, gets away with murder because of it. The pup stage never lasts long enough, the only solution is... another pup. Could be on the cards soon, if mummy gets her way.
  14. alrsv1

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Here is the last bike I restored, have just recently sold it but it came up nice so was worth posting. I'd always wanted a GPZ900 and after 20 odd years of motorcycles I finally got one, restore it it, and then never used it, hence the sale. Before: 228569_1906449413922_4978831_n by Al...
  15. alrsv1

Paco as a pup 20140604_122032 by Al Paterson, on Flickr As a kangaroo 10525887_10203533275945496_5769601992192220939_n by Al Paterson, on Flickr A lazy bitch 20141104_213748 by Al Paterson, on Flickr and his favourite position - under his blanky 20141112_134604 by Al Paterson, on Flickr
  16. alrsv1

Post your all mountain bike

Love the look of that Canyon Torque, I believe it just won Mountain Biking UK's Enduro bike of the year. Took the new Mach 5.5 out for a spin today. Liking it a lot. :) 20180425_114214 by Al Paterson, on Flickr 20180425_114147 by Al Paterson, on Flickr 20180425_114137 by Al Paterson, on Flickr
  17. alrsv1

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Thanks! :) Well, they've lasted 26 years so far.
  18. alrsv1

NSW SOLD

Although not yet worn out I already have a replacement XT 11 speed chain and cassette I will throw in.
  19. alrsv1

NSW SOLD

Item: 2014 Mondraker Foxy XR in size M 650b Location: Sydney Waterloo Item Condition: Well maintained with lots of upgrades, couple of scrapes but only cosmetic Reason for selling: New Pivot offered at price I cannot refuse Price and price conditions: $2200 Extra Info: Virtually every component...
  20. alrsv1

Bike insurance

When was the last time you had a renewal notice from Cyclecover? I was with them, but got the nasty shock as detailed in this thread: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94857 It seems everyone's excess went up to $1000 "for each and every claim". Be interested to know if you...