Search results

1. W

VIC SOLD Merida Ninety-Nine Team, Carbon 26". SMALL size: 16"

Item: From sometime around 2013 maybe. Super plush, lightweight, fast duallie. 2 x 10. 100 mm travel both ends from memory. Black Maxxis tyres or these white Schwalbe's. Whatever you prefer. Location: Brighton East, Melbourne. PICKUP ONLY PLEASE Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: I...
  2. W

VIC SOLD - Sun Ringle 26 MTB Disc wheelset. Supposed to be very lightweight.

Dunno how old they are. I have probably had them 8 years, and they were a few years old before I got 'em. Supposed to be fairly lightweight. With 160 and 140 mm Avid Rotors and 9 speed SRAM cassette. Location: 3187 Melbourne Item Condition: Lightly used. I used them once a year with slicks on...
  3. W

VIC SOLD - Rockshox Sid World Cup 26" Tapered Steerer

Used superlight 26" mega-plush Fork, with Carbon head and Steerer. Expensive fork at the time. Very appealing Mushroom colour if you happen to like the colour of mushrooms Brighton, Melbourne Well and truly used. Needs a service. Went hard, so a seal has gone somewhere Reason for selling...
  4. W

VIC SOLD - Rockshox Sid XX 26"

Dual Air, with remote lockout in a 26" Location: Brighton, Melbourne Item Condition: Used and in need of a service. As Sids do with time, needs a new seal or two. Sublime fork before then, but Went hard. Reason for selling: 29er Price and price conditions: $75 Extra Info: Steerer is around 180...
  5. W

VIC Giant XTC Advanced, small sized hardtail 26" SOLD

Item: Unique to Australia, I was told at the time, plain-carbon Warranty replacement frame that I built up the way I liked it. Thompson setback post, XO derailleur, XT Mechanicals 3x9, XX World cup fork, Avid Elixir CR brakes, Crossmax wheels, Carbon bars. Location: 3187 Item Condition:Used...
  6. W

The You Yangs copped 72 mm of rain in an hour today

So maybe don't count on riding there for a bit. Whilst the trails recover very well, this intensity is sever and there's bound to be some damage to trails.
  7. W

2012 XTR 26" wheels with wheel bearing wear and hub failures

Yes this high end 'race bike' is 4 years old, but I bought this bike from a friend a few months ago, and I know just how little use it's had. It's done so few k's it's still not even halfway through its first set of Racing Ralph's, yet apparently the bearings have worn badly and taken the...
  8. W

Some kids were trying to light a fire at Lysterfield tonight

We didn't see them, but ran into a couple of groups who did. I tried to find them , but couldn't. Apparently it was a group of four, with one girl. There's always a girl to show off to.... Some guys in the carpark saw these little shits pile into Mums Green Magna, and have her drive...
  9. W

Injuries. What's your story?

Over 9 years I've gained a lot of cuts/scars on my legs, done an AC joint, a few finger dislocations- all entertaining at the time but nothing really to speak of. Yesterday we went to the You Yangs and heard our riding buddy bite the dust on rocks on track 14. I actually heard his shoulder...
  10. W

Posting a mountain bike- Sydney to Melb

I've had a search and can't find an answer to my question - so forgive me if I cover old ground. Who has recent experience? The seller has been quoted $200 to get it down here. Please advise....
  11. W

Mountain biking on Foxtel in 3 minutes

23 October. 10:15 PM rock D 'Azur.
  12. W

Trail fairies spotted at Lysterfield today.

A bunch of guys in yellow T-Shirts just tidying the place up. Thanks for the fantastic work chaps. Thanks for removing some of those awful new little rollovers. Sleep well little fella's; much appreciated.
  13. W

I sw Simon Gerrans riding at the You Yangs yesterday.

Is he a bit of a MTB'er?
  14. W

Eccentric people you have met/known.

I've known Bruce for 30 years or so now. He's a bachelor and a car fancier. He retired at about age 45. He has a nice house is Caulfield that he fully owns. He drives a Camira, though he owns some expensive old cars. 12 or 13 years ago he started to fix his house. This worried me, because...
  15. W

Your top 10 Aussie bands

Yeah , this is a bit silly, but interesting nonetheless. Mine: The Models Hoodoo Guru's Crowded House Hunters and collectors Divinyls Mental as anything The Vines Jebediah Presets MIdnight Oil Who have I forgotten?
  16. W

Is it possible to fit the new type of cup crank bearings to a 93 MTB ?

It's currently using the old square taper type of bearing. Obviously the cranks will need to change as well. Will this work? Anyone done this before?
  17. W

Mis-heard Lyrics

Please post your own real life Mis-heard lyrics. Both from her. 100% true! Hers: " Take me to the Afro Zone, In Cuba wo oh oh." Correct: "Take me to the April SUn in Cuba, wo oh oh She believed this was true for 20 years. Hers: "I left my heart in the South of France , yeah yeah." Correct...
  18. W

How do you pull apart a Dura-Ace rear hub?

After undoing the opposing allen keys, I seem to be a skinny 17mm spanner short. Is this all that's necessary to get to the freehub body, and the bearing on the other side exposed?
  19. W

Victorian riders: pls stay off the trails for a week or two or three.....

Until they dry out. Whatever is necessary. Any riding on wet trails now in a lot of areas is creating huge damage that will either never recover, or take a huge amount of work to fix. For your own future enjoyment try to take the pledge as I have: Stick to the road or bike tracks until the...
  20. W

ANy gardeners aroound here?

I pulled 4 or 5 roses out of the garden 6 months ago. Got the roots and all. Only, not enough it seems. There are 4 or 5 bits of new rose growth just popping out of the soil.. Will spraying them kill them, or do I just have to dig deeper and deeper and pull anything that could possibly be...