Search results

1. iamacup

Intermediate to advanced MTB coaching

Hi folks, Looking to push the next level. Does anyone have suggestions for MTB coaching in the ACT? I’m looking to improve in all aspects of riding and leaning towards all mountain and enduro style. I have a focus on fun and safety not racing, but who doesn’t like going fast. Google tells me...
  2. iamacup

Progressing from XC to AM/END/DH in Canberra

After Air quality put a stop to outdoor activities in the greater Canberra area, I was not sure I was going to be able to achieve my goal. I didn't ever make it to Isaac's ridge, nor did I get further than one run each on touching cloth and three amigos at Majura and Stromlo. I did however...
  3. iamacup

Thank you for all the suggestions folks. Riding with people faster is a lot of fun too. Had a ride on Barry, touching cloth, and 3 amigo over the last couple of weeks, and did a track walk of short and sharp. All in all I am getting a lot more comfortable with the steeper and more technical...
  4. iamacup

@Jpez yep, that's a great idea. Once I have paid the bike back to the mortgage ((mature) student life) I'll be able to put a case forward for a skills session, and we're spoiled for great coaches in the ACT with Ride Technics working in our neck of the woods. My buddy is helping me heaps, and...
  5. iamacup

Thanks guys, I think short’n’sharp is the one of WW. I’ll check out touching cloth and Rocksanne this weekend, they’re at Majura, right? I’ll be checking out 3 Amigos at stromlo in the next couple of weeks, too. I’ll progress up to Isaacs. Thanks @droenn for the info on CB. I’m pretty comfy on...
  6. iamacup

G'Day folks, Maybe should be in the DH thread? For a long time I've been riding a HT SS from the mid-90s. Finally, bought a Trance and while I am riding the same trails as before I am much more comfortable, and significantly faster. I have a goal of being able to ride the Cannon ball trail...