Search results

1. H

The Brig

I've got no issues with grey imports considering that the service and support with non grey imports is so terrible in Australia anyway. Our bike industry is an absolute disgrace that I feel no need to support.
  2. H

Rock n roll lube, what's better

Have used Finish Line Dry, Finish Line Wet, Rock n Roll Gold and Blue but now I only use Squirt and it's by far the best chain lube I've used any time of year. Doesn't attract crap or leave crud on your cassette or chainring and lasts longer than any of the others I mentioned.
  3. H

Red Bull Hardline Maydena

Thankfully it was a robotic camera mounted to a tree!
  4. H

New bike shopping size

So, how do you know what your 'RAD' should be without buying the book?
  5. H

Little Things You Hate

The word ‘Prestige’ if ‘prestige’ appeals to you you’re a twat
  6. H

Little Things You Hate

you just can’t tell these days……never thought this absolute legend would get involved in such things…..
  7. H

Little Things You Hate

So, let me get this straight, if it doesn't get posted on social media it doesn't exist? If a human wishes their mother a "Happy Mothers Day" but doesn't post it on social media then it never happened? The best thing that can happen to the human race is for AI to take over. You're all f&^$ed...
  8. H

Little Things You Hate

LTIH, the endless Mother’s Day posts on social media. Just ring your Mum or wish her a happy Mother’s Day when you make the effort to see her in person. no one else f$&@$ing cares.
  9. H

Little Things You Hate

Hate how your bank statement charges can be called something completely different to the actual business you bought something from. It should be law that the business trading name is written on the line item for that charge. 'Harry's Bike Shop' can appear on your statement as T&P Partners or...
  10. H

5 years for an alloy frame?

What a surprise, a 'bike mechanic' that doesn't know what he's talking about! To be fair, those exceptions listed below are fair enough and wouldn't stop a cracked frame getting warrantied after 5 years through normal offroad use.
  11. H

Good Aliexpress carbon rims?

My Light Bicycle carbon rims built onto DT 350 hubs have been going strong for over three years now on my Remedy. Great wheelset and well built.
  12. H

Electric Vehicles etc

Interesting comparison. Would have been better if they just drove the two cars at the speed limit to get a true comparison because really, who is going to drive at 90kph from Adelaide to Sydney but TDLR....diesel was cheaper (even at the current prices!) and made the trip with no refuel stops...
  13. H

Little Things You Hate

When the mechanic slaps a big, hard to remove sticker on the back of your car after a service without asking. Am I entitled to charge a monthly advertising fee? Does the doctor slap a hard to remove tattoo of their name on your forehead after a checkup? F&^% that shit off.
  14. H

Little Things You Hate

Modern Fast food restaurants..........they all have these new big TV screens but can't find any space to put an actual menu! Remember when the full menu was listed with prices? Now it's just animating pictures and no info. This is progress?
  15. H

Mystic MTB - Bright

Cancelled our week long Christmas holiday we had booked due to the no self shuttle. TBH, Bright has been losing its appeal recently as during the holidays it’s just so overrun with people plus now this….it’s not the family friendly spot it once was but the self shuttle option was a huge...
  16. H

Mystic MTB - Bright

Yeah, I'm not buying the 'safety' excuse either. I suppose we should stop people driving into busy camp sites unless they have completed an induction?? Camp sites are full of kids on bikes! What is the world coming to?!
  17. H

Mystic MTB - Bright

That's a lot of extra cash then earned by the self shuttling fees (plus regular shuttles) to get a sealed road! Reading the info on the reasons given to pause self shuttling....it mentioned safety for riders not the road getting torn up. They wan't to 'make sure that those driving on the road...
  18. H

Mystic MTB - Bright

No self shuttling = no more Bright for many families. Brights major selling point (for me at least) is that it was so family friendly but this has killed it. Out of interest, are paragliders allowed to drive themselves up to the launch pad?
  19. H

Little Things You Hate

People named Corey.......haven't met one yet that hasn't been a tit.
  20. H

Little Things You Hate

They have to start that early to make time for all their smoko, morning tea, lunch, arvo tea breaks and still knock off by 4pm! LTIH: when the cashier (usually the younger ones) say “that’s just $5.50” . Drop the fucking ‘just’! It’s not necessary and with current prices and n most things, not...