Search results

1. G

VIC FOUND: hitch mount bike rack

I have a 2+2 4 bike older model Gripsport rack( maybe 2012 ?) that I was thinking of moving on in the NY. Been faultless in many years of use and is bombproof. PM me if interested
  2. G

Rear XT brake, too much flex in the lever

I always have similar issues with Shimano Brakes. After a bleed the lever is very firm with a bleed block in but lever is softer after the wheel is put back in. Try winding the lever out to its full reach then wrap a rubber band tightly from grip to lever and leave the lever depressed overnight...
  3. G

Knee Pads

They’ve loosened a little with use but considering ive probably pedalled 6000 plus kms in them and been thrown in the washing machine regularly they still don’t fall down and only have a few tears in the fabric. I’ve been amazed how well they have protected me in some pretty nasty offs while...
  4. G

Knee Pads

Troy Lee 5400s Hard Cap, no straps but I’ve had a pair for 5 years and they are comfortable, always stayed in place and have paid for themselves many times over in protecting me during some nasty crashes.
  5. G

2020 Trans NZ Enduro - Help!!!!

Not sure which airline you flying with but generally you are only allowed 23 kilos for your total luggage so may not matter if you put parts in a checked in suitcase. Risk losing parts if they are in your hand luggage to over zealous security. Unfortunately it’s just the cost of doing business...
  6. G

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

As Zaf said, just because someone votes Libs doesn’t mean they don’t agree with some of the things Labor stood for but the extreme viewpoints were the concern. I’m all for cleaning up the planet and doing what we do now better n the future. But to stop mining projects, endanger the economy to...
  7. G

Which elbow and knee pads ?

Troy Lee 5500 Elbow and 5400 knees for me. I prefer the hard caps and they have repaid the investment many times and have been long lasting despite the wear and tear from the crashes. Elbows can slip down with trail chatter but solved the issue by making my own strap.
  8. G

Little Things You Hate

When the first day over 30 degrees since winter is forecast and the media start screaming Heatwave and scorching conditions. It’s called Summer people, get over it...
  9. G

Eagle XO1 - Keep old chain on??

I’m a run it until the shifting starts to annoy me guy. 3000kms into a X01 cassette, chain and chain ring 1500km old Drivetrain is cleaned after every ride. I don’t think either method is wrong..whatever works for you
  10. G

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New Seals and oil for my 34mm Fox Fork. Those flangeless seals are a pain to pull out but the New Driver makes installation of the new ones pretty easy. Did a full bleed of the XT brakes while I was in the maintenance mood.
  11. G

Crash Pics Thread

Ouch, reinforces why I always ride with knee pads these days. Hope the surgery goes well...
  12. G

Blue Derby, TAS

Hey Andy, Did the Ferry with 4 guys and a car in December 2016. We took the night boat which worked well as we arrived early the next morning and with no bikes to put together we were riding the trails by early afternoon. Definitely get a cabin, the cheaper seats area would not be easy to get a...
  13. G

Going to Derby, Tassie

I did the Tas Ferry. Economically works best with about 3-4 people to share the cost and the convenience of your own car and racks worked great as we drove straight to the trails to be riding that afternoon and had no weight restrictions so took a lot of supplies. We stayed at the "Post Office"...
  14. G

knees but no elbows

Dropotaro, if it helps I wear the Troy lee elbows and knees that have the hard caps. So comfortable I've finished a few rides, started driving and then realised I still had the knee Guards on.
  15. G

Best time to visit NZ

Been to Rotorua 4 times now, all in first week of December. Seems to beat the Xmas crowds, weather is warm enough and only been rained out twice across 28 days of riding. A lot of the events are through Jan and Feb so there may be trail closures if you go then
  16. G

Infinity tours Bali?

Infinity I'm a regular visitor to Bali and been on 4 Infinity day rides. Great company, the bikes are good quality with good running gear. Good value for money with a support vehicle close by at all times providing drinks and food. They will fit your pedals if you prefer to take your own and...