Search results

1. G

Looks like the sram geo-block has reached germany.

bike-components is still shipping to Australia. got 2 xx1 cassettes and 6 xx1 chains only took 12 day to arrive.
  2. G

Bike Xmas presents

got my partner a new roadie cervelo r3 disc. she always hates the rim brakes after a weekend on the mtb.
  3. G

Fork and shock upgrade help - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5

should put up before top headset is hope 2 ZS44/28.6 bottom is hope E ZS56/40 is what you need. doesn't come with top cap or bolt.
  4. G

got the hope headset from merlin cost about $100. haven't done anything with the shock I have the advance 0 so it came with the rs monarch. went with 785 mil renthal fatbar and 60 mil stem.
  5. G

my trance had overdrive2. replaced it with a hope headset it's easy to change it yourself or get your lbs to do it if not confident. you will need a new stem and spacers as well. or you can get a shim from giant if you want to use your current stem.
  6. G

just upgraded from 140 mil revs to 150 mil solo pikes on my 2014 trance. no more flex in the front end great on the small bumps and takes the big hits really well.
  7. G

Confessions from the fuckwits

got some new xt trail pedals for the trance fitted them up ready for the weekend. Friday night though I better put the cleats on my shoes. realised chucked them out with the empty box. bins got emptied that morning.
  8. G

Delivery times from Bike 24 and other German online stores using DHL

had a set of pikes at my door in 12 days from bike discount in may. haven't used bike 24 yet.
  9. G

ubyk-pro website

ordered renthal bars and stem back in may. very good on price had them in 10 days would use them again.
  10. G

Helmet recomendations

I got the bell super 2r about 6 weeks ago. very comfortable helmet the venting works very well on the hot days. it's good to have the chin bar option when you feel the need. pushys have the bell super on sale if you don't want the removable chin bar.
  11. G

Strange Crash on the weekend

the valve could have stuck very slightly open can happen with a bit of gummy old sealant. happened to me once broke 4 ribs not fun.
  12. G

VIC Lysterfield Park

I have seen 4 brown snakes there in about 5 years of late afternoon riding. just give space and they wont bother you.
  13. G

Wombat 100 race is no more

I missed 2015 due to injury. gutted I wont get another chance was a great event to ride in.
  14. G

Would a press fit BB change your mind about a new frame?

I wouldn't pass up good frame because of pf bb. I have the hope pf92 bb in my pivot 429C over 1000km still running silent. from memory it cost about $120 from merlin on sale.
  15. G

Predicament; Bell Super 2R

smashed my head on a rock face first at the you yangs last sat, knocked myself out 6 stiches in my face no broken teeth luckily. was wearing a fox flux it was wrecked. my super 2r is due for delivery today.
  16. G

Presta valve stem adapter?

have seen them on crc for about $3.50 I think.
  17. G

Presta valve stem adapter?

have seen them on crc for about $3.50 I think.