Search results

1. B

Protective gear for DH?

My now 16 yo son's been riding for a couple of years, and was hospitalised - fortunately only briefly - 2 years ago with broken vertebrae from a stack he had when he was riding his hard tail school bike down Mt Keira (NSW)... He now has a decent bike, couple of helmets (Bell 2R and a proper...
  2. B

12 x 157mm thru axles?

My son's Merida One-Forty is fitted with DT Swiss RWS 'thru' axles, the rear I believe is 12x157. The release handle has been broken off, and I'm trying to find where I can get a replacement part, or entire axle. The "I believe" part is that we don't have any useful specs from Merida, so we...
  3. B

Chain drops w/ FSA 'Megatooth' chainring - options?

My son's Merida One-Forty 7.900 has a 1x11 setup with an FSA Afterburner 386 crank and 'megatooth' chain ring. The bike's only ~3-4 months old, and he's had issues since day one with chain drops, worsening over time as the chain ring wears. Adding a chainguard has helped a little but not solved...
  4. B

Headset bearing lifetime - 3 months?

My son extracted the headset bearings from his ~4-month old Merida One-Forty 7.900 (2015) - and the pic below was what he found. The bearings are highly corroded, and were full of dirt, and basically stuffed. He's not been in much mud or such, and we were very surprised to find them in such poor...