Search results

1. Milpool

How do you maintain food discipline?

The nut aisle can be a trap in itself. Nuts are high in fat. It may be healthy fat but they are calorically dense. 1g of fat is 9 cal vs 1g of carbs or protein is 4 cal. Protein is always the best option, it's more satiating and it's thermic effect makes you burn more calories. Things like...
  2. Milpool

Yup boys n E shredders

Anyone been riding West Mount Cotton? Been there a couple of times, ate shit first run hitting the big step down at the bottom of Westy's. Not sure why I did it, it's about six levels over my ability. Went back yesterday and the trail next to Westy's is open, there's some gnarly stuff in there...
  3. Milpool

What Garmin watch features do I really need for fitness?

I've got an Instinct. I haven't bothered to get a hr strap or anything like that, the elevation seems a bit wild on it, can differ by 100m or so compared to friends or Strava but it logs my rides, uploads straight to strava and tells the time, don't need too much more from a watch. I've used it...
  4. Milpool

The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

I'm at about 950km. I think I got the bike late January and started from low fitness so not too unhappy. Also added a second child in September so that slowed me down a bit. Hopefully I can double it in 2021.
  5. Milpool

BBQ's - Whats the low down - cookers and recipes!!!

You can buy coffee from the servo too but you faff plenty with that! I'm overdue to fire up the smoker, just sucks when you're out of wood, out of beads, then with the meat, it can be $50 and no guarantee I won't turn it into a shoe. Beer tastes good while it cooks though.
  6. Milpool

The stupid questions thread.

I'm so glad my son is too young for that shit. I shudder to think garbage they will be pedaling by the time he cares. My missus has a six year old brother that gets into all that shit but sadly, his dad is more into it. He ends up with his own collection and thinks it'll make him rich. I can...
  7. Milpool

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I can't wait to get onto a Process. Hopefully there is some kind of bank error in my favour when it's time for Felix's to be sold.
  8. Milpool

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Damn I love that Honzo
  9. Milpool

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Crankset and front mech both arrived today. No idea when the seatpost will get here but I should probably get some cables soon. Will have to place my order @Scotty T
  10. Milpool

Qld- Nerang trail status

Seems like a bit of dialogue between GCMTB and QPWS recently to agree on a plan. There is a survey out now to get people's thoughts https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfedscVS9PLP0-U35wfqod8DIABg06td3ZhEgcVgvshPDfjDQ/viewform
  11. Milpool

Van life

I don't think I'd get much for the one that's out, the one due here next month might still have some value.
  12. Milpool

Van life

Is there a camping life thread around? Love checking out everyone's set up. Some bits of van life seem so convenient but doesn't allow for the two kids. Those new dual cab transits are super cool though. I'm restricted to a Surf with a hitch mount rack for bike stuff that makes it impossible...
  13. Milpool

Haha that's very true. I got excited when I saw the thread but it was already a two page deep shit show, thought you would be run out by now!
  14. Milpool

I actually bought a crankset and blew the budget so I'm going to have to pass sorry mate. I'm just holding out for if the M735 pops up locally but I'm hoping it's not for another pay cycle. Thanks though! Just means you need another retro rig for them.
  15. Milpool

Yeah that website had a lot of useful info when I was researching mine. Mine was one of the less cool frames, think when they were made offshore or something like that.
  16. Milpool

Found a seatpost, NOS xt in black, coming from somewhere that deals in Euro so who knows when it'll get here.. Still on the look out for an M735 rear derailleur if anyone sees one pop up on the retro Facey pages, otherwise been offered one for 25pound. Put an offer on some cranks today too so...
  17. Milpool

Barracuda is gooooone. The guy was pretty stoked with it so that was good. I've got a wtb ad up on retrobikes to try get some parts for the Kona but if anyone sees any m730/5 stuff in their travels please let me know. Edit; just bought a front derailleur off eBay so just need rear and a...
  18. Milpool

Aldi bike sale

Yeah he's just getting into riding any kind of pushbike, installed a towbar on his car so he can buy a platform rack and take his wife and youngest daughter riding. From what I've read they're a much better option than the run of the mill Flight offerings and I don't want to be held responsible...
  19. Milpool

Aldi bike sale

How dare you. Qld doesn't get Aldi beer but I reckon I'd drink it, I'm a grub. I go there sporadically for health food kinda stuff. Kids books too. I'm waiting on the MTB shorts to reappear because mine are a couple of sizes too big. Was hoping they'd have their 29ers in for the father in law...
  20. Milpool

Ooo, sounds fancy. Any pics?