Search results

1. Ben-e

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Legitimately. And that a goddam scary thought.
  2. Ben-e

NSW Fox Flexair Ascent SS Jersey's x2, Med

Bump, price drop.
  3. Ben-e

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

I have no idea, haha. If you find out let me know. Why do you ask?
  4. Ben-e

Coffee addict needs help from smart person

@Flow-Rider was bang on - use a reverse bit to remove the bolt, its a piece of piss. Or Airtasker? Those domestic Breville double boilers are pretty good, i'd repair it if it were mine.
  5. Ben-e

I bought (on impulse ffs) a Grimac La Uno for about $60; the seller assured me it worked, but for $60 i didn't care if it didnt. Currently restoring it, the boiler was heavily scaled with about 1mm thick soot (totally gross). Took about 4 nights of heavy descaling to remove it. After that, i...
  6. Ben-e

I'm currently brewing with a Rancilio Silvia v2 (domestic not pro) and Rancilio Rocky, both purchased used; $160 and $150 respectively, off Scumtree. The espresso machine required a new boiler gasket which was $5. It took about 3 months to learn to make decent coffee; well worth the cost and...
  7. Ben-e

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

With Nats and LNP lack of action on this their chances of re-election has dropped further. https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/news/politics/2024/02/17/the-problem-with-barnaby-joyce#mtr
  8. Ben-e

Rotorua Trip

Haha yep Tui etc is undrinkable. I polished off a case of OG Speights Summit (not the new lime shit..) in 3 days; no hangover. My mates and I were ashamed we loved Kiwi beer so much haha. There isn't much to like about NZ except for the trails, surf and beer. Some of the people are ok i guess haha
  9. Ben-e

Electric Vehicles etc

That's my primary driver; my daily driver is a 35k VW T6 Transporter that gets 6.5 Ltr/100 on highway cycle, so its a big call spending 100k+ on an EV. But the spatial aspects of the EV van are pretty good; really good cargo space. I calculate a fuel saving of about 40k / 7 years ownership...
  10. Ben-e

Electric Vehicles etc

I've become very interested in the upcoming Ford Custom EV. 370km is a bit light-on but acceptable, this is extremely compelling as a recreational daily driver. It really all depends on the RRP; suggestions are in the field of 100k o_O
  11. Ben-e

Rotorua Trip

I agree with the others; forget the travel package, they will sting you for $commission too. Arrange your own flights, accommodation, transfers from airport can be done impromptu via taxi, Uber or NZ's own 'Zoomy' (sweet as bro, chur). Also, there are awesome mtb clubs in Rotovegas; you can...
  12. Ben-e

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

In his words, Ex Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby was sitting on a planter and fell, wobbly from mixing prescription medication and alcohol. How good is our country, that a serving politician can lay in a drunken heap in public
  13. Ben-e

Its an international embarrassment; when you can get internet x4 speed in a developing nation like Indo. And still, no-one in Australia has been held accountable for utterly slow speeds and eye waveringly high prices. There has been lots mentioned on Rotorburn regarding the NBN; this essential...
  14. Ben-e

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

I bet you that there are a LOT of Swifties who are the children of conservative voters.
  15. Ben-e

Hahaha, im not sure! You thinking of selling back to me?
  16. Ben-e

NSW SOLD Intense Spider 275C frame (M)

Cool, i'm 5'10" / 175cm so this would probably fit I reckon.
  17. Ben-e

This all depends on your definition of 'worthy'; one needs to consider real performance, in which case some might argue Biden is more worthy. But the argument of 'Trump vs Biden' is moot when you consider these are mere figureheads of a much larger ethically corrupt machine; look at how...
  18. Ben-e

NSW SOLD Intense Spider 275C frame (M)

Gorgeous bike! I think i saw this on FB; was wondering how tall you are and what the fit was like? Thanks!
  19. Ben-e

Do you reckon a GOP win in 2024 Unpresidential Election will embolden conservative voters in Australia? We are seeing this in EU, so you might be right re: international impact. But, there is a very clear shift afoot here in Straya; younger voters seem to be voting for a fairer system; my 25 yo...