Search results

1. ianganderton

Jared Graves diagnosed with cancer [emoji20]

Just seen this https://www.instagram.com/p/BnS48_nng-H/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qbtfie3yy7pg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. ianganderton

Trap Focus Pictures

With a new flash unit and controller I have finally got round to experimenting with the trap focus functionality of Magic Lantern Has anyone else got any trap focus pics? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ianganderton

Does ‘No Backpack’ = ‘Kidney Stones’

So I’ve been to A&E here in Perth today due to stomach pains and a 6 hour flight this eve. Been diagnosed with a kidney stone Lots of reasons cause kidney stones (this is what the internet tells me any way) but a significant one is dehydration. Riding quite a bit with just a bottle of...
  4. ianganderton

How to Anyone ever stitched a tyre?

Anyone ever stiched a tyre? Good or a waste of time? Cut a tyre at Loftus today, first time in a while. Decided to try stitching it up when I got home. “Got years left in that mate!” Need to get round to putting the tubeless repair widget in the bottom of the edc tool Used a curved...
  5. ianganderton

PSA - Mill Creek (Menai) - back burning operations

I’ve just copied this from Facebook The Mill Creek MTB Facebook page is kept well up to date. No doubt there will be help required to make good again Go to https://www.facebook.com/millcreekmtbtrails/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. ianganderton

Sold SOLD Renthal Stem - Apex 35 50mm

Item full name and model etc. Renthal Apex 35 50mm Stem Location The Shire, Sydney Item condition description This was taken off my strive when I got it a year ago and has sat in a box since. Brand new Reason for selling I had a Duo in the spares box I'd already used so popped that on the...
  7. ianganderton

NSW SOLD - Raceface Next SL Carbon Cranks 175mm inc 34T, 32T, BB, 2xendcaps & BB Tool

Item full name and model etc. Next SL Carbon Cranks 175mm inc 34T, 32T, BB, 2xendcaps & BB Tool Location The Shire, Sydney Item condition description This includes everything in the photo - Next SL Carbon Cranks 175mm inc 34T, 32T, BB, 2xendcaps & BB Tool. It was installed on my new Strive and...
  8. ianganderton

What carbon rims would you build with cushcore

So folks seem to be REALLY liking the Cush core inserts and having looked at a pair in the box at Pushy’s the other day they are tempting me to consider building up a set of carbon wheels. I have a spare set of hope pro 2’s I could build them up on. What rims would you use with a Cush Core...
  9. ianganderton

What hardtail frame- 150(ish)mm, 650b

I have a set of x-Fusion vengeance forks sitting around along with plenty of other spares and I’m thinking I should build up a hardtail. What frame recommendations have you got. Don’t want to spend a rack of cash I can squeeze a 650b x 2.4 highroller II into the forks so this is the starting...
  10. ianganderton

Brake pads - what's hot and what's not?

I need new pads for both our XT and guide RSC brakes. Riding around Sydney but also put the bikes on the roof of the car or in bags and travel a lot. Needs to cope with wet weather and uplift days. What's hot and what's not? What have folks found recently to be providing the sweet spot between...
  11. ianganderton

Sans pack options/solutions

I've been looking at options for ditching the backpack on local rides and the like. Spent too much time on the internet scratching my chin. I've collated some info into a blog post that other may find handy https://seekerbikes.com/2017/05/14/ditching-the-mtb-backpack-research-notes/
  12. ianganderton

Kempsey/Port Macquarie area trail recommendations please

We are heading north from Sydney this weekend to ride at Kempsey for one day and looking for other options in the area This will be my first time north of Newcastle so don't know my way around at all. Any info gratefully received [emoji851] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. ianganderton

Bearing questions

I'm just looking at sourcing bearings for my bike and have a load of questions Firstly for the rear suspension of my 2005 Specialized Enduro I have the following specs from the manual: 2 x 6902 2RS 28mm OD x 15mm ID x 7mm W (BB Pivot Bearing) 4 x 6800 2RS 19mm OD x 10mm ID x 5mm W (Dropout...
  14. ianganderton

What wide aluminium rims are you using?

Most of the talk on this seems to be carbon. I've just built up a set of 26" Velocity Blunt 35 rims on Hope hubs using DT Revolution spokes 1911g for the pair not including discs, tyres or cassette according to the DT Swiss spoke calculator Rims from Wiggle for 120ishAUD (delivered)...
  15. ianganderton

Copper grease - where can I get it in Sydney (eastern suburbs)

Anyone know where I can get a small ish tube of copper grease in Sydney. Bunnings in Alexandria didn't have anything at all. Repco next to ARB & IKEA only had a massive tub Suggestions on a post card please
  16. ianganderton

Do you want to feel faster or be faster?

Philosophical question [emoji41] Reading the following link had me wondering what different opinions there where on this here What part have you bought that's made you measurably quicker?? http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298996
  17. ianganderton

Lego full suss bike

This would have made a great cams present for a couple of people I know Me included [emoji41] https://youtube.com/watch?v=G-UXwu10Igs
  18. ianganderton

Midweek riding (SYD)

Are any folks around for midweek riding? I'm new to Australia and based in the Easter Suburbs, Sydney. I have transport, bike and free time weekdays. Happy to drive (can probably fit 3 bikes and people in the car) in return for being shown trails. Particularly keen for all mountain/Enduro...
  19. ianganderton

Something for the weekend - riding/camping recommendations please (SYD)

Looking for weekend riding/camping recommendations from Sydney please. Keen to get out of the city this weekend. What are the options?
  20. ianganderton

2 x UAE biking videos

Not many folks know that Dubai based mountain bikers have some pretty good mountain biking close at hand. There is a strong community and lots of fun to be had. During the winter the weather is excellent Here are a couple of videos showing 2 different types of biking to be had First off...