Search results

1. K

If you want to Ride Kowen/Sparrow now is the time

Yep, keen to catch up for a chat. I got contacted to contribute to Canberra tourism cycling strategy...but guess what - sessions are 9-5 weekdays (not like I have full time employment with extra EoFY smashing right now). They did give me some contacts to provide input, including Mr Kowalski...
  2. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

There are a few Trail Closed signs around BR - most have been there for ages to close old trails which have now mostly grown back over. There have been no recent trail closures - if we close a trail we will do out utmost to make it disappear! If someone is keen to help - collect the trail closed...
  3. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

Have been thinking about berming up first two corners on Justin Time for a while. Always happy to look at tweaking the trails... as you know, a lot of thinking and decisions happen with shovels in hand :-)
  4. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

Hoping to get a working bee organised soon... I've been too distracted with house reno, work, life, etc... Luckily BR is still riding nicely. We will need to fix up the damage near Justin Time after the work is finished on the retaining walls. Drop a post here if you've got ideas for any...
  5. K

Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

Thanks for your efforts - love the work you have been doing on the trails. I'm an irregular rider with in-laws at Glenbrook. I agree with the comments above - I really miss OBR (one of the freakiest DH trails I have ridden/crashed), and the more recent crap with other trails on the escarpment is...
  6. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

FoBR Nov Working Bee This Sunday we will run the last working bee for 2016, so this is the last chance to get your hands dirty this year and ensure the trails are in perfect condition for holiday season. Please note that we will meet near the CIT this month on Purdie Street, Bruce...
  7. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

FoBR Oct Working Bee It's perfect weather to be outside, and with recent rains the trails need some love. Here's the details for the working bee this Sunday: October Working Bee Date: Sunday 30 Oct 2016 Time: 8am-12pm Meeting Location: At the gate near O’Connor caravan park / Terra Firma...
  8. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

FoBR Sept Working Bee Another cruel Canberra winter is over, and the trails need your love & care to shine again. Here's the details for the working bee this Sunday: September Working Bee Date: Sunday 25 Sept 2016 Time: 8am-12pm Meeting Location: At the AIS back (East) carpark, Masterman...
  9. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

For little kids I'd recommend riding anti-clockwise from Alivio to the north side of the outer loop at Bruce and back - there are some flatter sections along Commuted and Log Run which are good for little kids. Also, west from Alivio through Heath Run should be OK too.
  10. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

July Working Bee Hope you all survived the hardest cycling endurance event (late night Tour de France watching) and have enough energy left for the working bee this Sunday. Here's the details Date: Sunday 24 July 2016 Time: 8am-12pm Meeting Location: At the small carpark just off...
  11. K

Who goes soft in Winter?

Yep, trails are tacky, fast and dry. I'd be setting PBs all over the place if the engine was in better tune - maybe also subtract a few kilos of winter riding gear too.
  12. K

Who goes soft in Winter?

Here's the temps from my ride this morning in Canberra (Bruce Ridge) at 6am - max temp -1 (in my garage), min temp -5 (Belco), avg temp -3.5. I'm hard...actually frozen!
  13. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

Bump - just a quick reminder about the working bee this Sunday. See details ^^^ Hope to see some of you peeps there.
  14. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

May Working Bees It's been a great month for FoBR - we got some much needed rain to settle the dirt and picked up an acknowledgement award at the ACT Volunteer of the Year Awards. To celebrate we're going to run two working bees this month! May Working Bee #1 Date: Sunday 15 May 2016 Time...
  15. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

Yep, next working bee is planned for 8am Sun 24 April (Anzac weekend - bugger of a date but needed to fit between races and other events). I'm just confirming the date and will send out the spam notices soon. As we haven't had any real rain for ages the surface is very dry and powdery. Not...
  16. K

Derby in Tassi

Did Tas in January. Derby is epic. Must do Atlas and Dambusters - both have sooo much flow and mega huge berms. Depending on how gnar you like it, Black Dragon is fun too. Also rode Hollybank which was awesome too - so many corners to just roost out of. Try to get shuttles - I rode to the top 3...
  17. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

That would be awesome - thanks!
  18. K

Bruce Ridge ACT

FoBR February Working Bee & 2016 Events Hi All Welcome to another great year of keeping the Bruce Ridge trails awesome! Here's the details for the working bee this weekend, and dates for the rest of the year. February Working Bee Date: Sunday 21 Feb 2016 Time: 8am-12pm Meeting...
  19. K

Minion DHF 27.5 - WTF?

Thanks for all of the replies - amazing that all of the "sophisticated" Internet search engines that I tried did not find these stores! How is the 2.5 compared to the 2.3? Is it too heavy to pedal around (up hills)?? I used to run 26 inch Minion DHF downhill tyres which were a pig to pedal...
  20. K

Tubeless with Ardent Race - whats your experience?

I've set up 26 and 27.5 Ardent Race 3C EXO TR tyres tubeless on stock Giant XC wheels (PXC I think?). Used rim tape and Stans rim strips no problems with either set up. I always get new tyres and inflate them with a tube overnight - this gets the kinks out of the tyre. Once I have the tyres...